PO Soon: Further Seems Forever - The Moon Is Down 20th Anniversary Special Something

jhulud

• 4 months later...

This was the email from merchnnow in April

Hello!

Thank you for pre-ordering Further Seems Forever- The Moon Is Down on vinyl. We have just received an update that the vinyl has been delayed in production. They are not set to arrive at our facility until the end of August. Orders will ship as soon as possible after the vinyl arrives at our facility. Orders with multiple items on them cannot be shipped separately, everything on your order will ship together as soon this pre-order vinyl arrives.

If you have any questions or need to update your address/information on the order, please email us at [email protected] with your order number & information regarding the changes you need.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

-MerchNow

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Damn I'm still tempted to pick this up. I've been listening to Hide Nothing a bunch the past few weeks, I forget how many great songs are on that record. Jon's vocals are beautiful.  This band rules, I hope they put more music out in the future.  

Edit: It will be ten years this month since the last record came out, wild. 

Edited by TonyPerkins

7 hours ago, FlippingOut said:

I remember years ago I bought a 2-pack of Hide Nothing on black for like 20 bucks from the Pop-Up Records ebay store. It's a very basic pressing - IIRC vinyl in a paper sleeve, single LP, maybe an insert? 

That's a great deal for what this is selling for on Discogs. Maybe one day this will get repressed, one can dream.   

2 hours ago, TonyPerkins said:

That's a great deal for what this is selling for on Discogs. Maybe one day this will get repressed, one can dream.   

well i might not have a repress for you but i do have this, dropping at noon: https://www.friendclubrecords.com/products/732832-further-seems-forever-hide-nothing-12

On 10/6/2022 at 7:07 PM, Holderofthejoel said:

Delayed until November per email today 

This is the email response I got when I emailed yesterday.  I didn't get that previous email you mention

Hey Michael!

Sorry! If we had additional information, we would absolutely share it with you! I am seeing the end of October for the expected ship date. Once they arrive on our dock, we will ship them out, and you will immediately receive an email that contains your tracking number.

Have a great weekend!

Just got mine.  Box and book are really well done. However, the way they designed the jacket to slide into the box, combined with the fact that they didn’t even bother to put a dust jacket or paper sleeve on the record in the jacket made for the worst seam split ive gotten, like I can put the record out either side. Can’t say I’ve ever experienced anything like this before. 

This thing looks and sounds amazing. Finally, a "deluxe edition" actually worth the price tag! (Honestly, they probably could've charged more, the book is extremely well done and there's no way it was cheap to produce.) So happy to finally have this record on my turntable. 

50 minutes ago, scottheisel said:

This thing looks and sounds amazing. Finally, a "deluxe edition" actually worth the price tag! (Honestly, they probably could've charged more, the book is extremely well done and there's no way it was cheap to produce.) So happy to finally have this record on my turntable. 

1000%. This is extremely well put together and worth the delays.  

Just got mine too. Dig the design. My only complaint is that the jacket isn't an actual jacket and the outer slip-cover is so thin that the spine bent down the center. The book looks awesome, but I still think this set would've been an awesome opportunity to include a 7" or 10" with some of the other Chris songs from the era. And/or a dvd/bluray of one of the reunion shows. 

24 minutes ago, dreamover said:

Just got mine too. Dig the design. My only complaint is that the jacket isn't an actual jacket and the outer slip-cover is so thin that the spine bent down the center. The book looks awesome, but I still think this set would've been an awesome opportunity to include a 7" or 10" with some of the other Chris songs from the era. And/or a dvd/bluray of one of the reunion shows. 

The flimsy outer cover is my only complaint. It did crease a little on mine as well.

2 hours ago, jonnywreck said:

Anyone wanna comment on the actual audio? Better than the last two pressings?

This!  I sold my white copy since it sounded like poo.  Actually sold off LP2 and LP3 too since those didn’t sound great too either.  I’d buy the best of compilation if someone pressed it and sounded good.