PO SOON: The Swellers - My Everest (15 Year Anniversary Repress)

Smartpunk has tweeted a few cryptic tweets over the past couple weeks hinting at something "swell" happening soon. Then Nick Diener posted on his Oneder Effects IG story him playing the repress. I messaged him and asked if he had any idea when it would be dropping and he mentioned it should be first week of January when announced. 

So get stoked Swellers fans!! Great album!

All the deets just announced: 

https://www.takethistoheartrecords.com/products/717329-the-swellers-my-everest

Pressing Information

Color in Color (Coke Bottle Clear & White) w/ Black + White Splatter / 100 (PGR + Smartpunk Exclusive)
Blue Marble w/ Black Splatter / 300 (Smartpunk Exclusive)
Half Black/Half Baby Blue w/ White Splatter / 300 (PGR Exclusive)
Ghostly Lemonade / 1500 (VNYL Exclusive)
Half Brown/Half Coke Bottle Clear / 400

v600_promo.jpg

Here's the 2 exclusives to PGR & Smartpunk mentioned in tweet: 

swellimage0.jpeg

1 hour ago, AWasteOfATime said:

apparently vnyl has a lot of subs! parting gift TTTH and no sleep all sell to them I think.
if it keeps labels in business, why not 

No way im against it. I was just wondering how there aren't rebound copies for cheap, at least for what I checked. No way 1500 random people would keep a swellers record. 

1 hour ago, xfactor675 said:

No way im against it. I was just wondering how there aren't rebound copies for cheap, at least for what I checked. No way 1500 random people would keep a swellers record. 

I'm willing to bet the pandemic also made VNYL grow in numbers. People were desperate to pick up new interests during lockdown, and if they couldn't go to a record store something like VNYL sounds amazing to someone brand new to collecting (poor bastards lol). 

1 hour ago, DeathPeak said:

Yup. Would have preferred all baby blue with white, but it still looks great with the half black.

Agreed. I think one of the pictures they've put up is of the actual finished product (not a mockup), and the color looks very close to what's on the cover. That's what sold me on it instead of the /100 (which really should be a variant for Ups and Downsizing....)

7 hours ago, ethanpricington said:

Got the /100 and the Smartpunk Exclusive /300 (really liked the blue marble and black splatter look the best out of all the variants)

Was going to grab the Smartpunk but I have so many transparent color w/ splatter records. Plus for once the half and half splatter variant on the black side  looks great!

• 2 weeks later...