WTB: Jakob- Solace

kjkenney

yeah, you're probably gonna have to spend a bit more haha.  All my copies were $150 or more before shipping, and from Europe.  I bought them as a coping mechanism for when my last childhood cats died within a month of each other last year, and I think i was in around $200 total for each.  I didn't care about cost, I just needed them to help me. 

The band was supposed to do them before Covid hit, and intends to eventually get to it, so we may get lucky, but you're going to have to either wait it out, offer up more cash, or hope to get lucky on Discogs haha. 

Godspeed on your search friend.

On 1/5/2022 at 5:24 AM, Gumbo72203 said:

yeah, you're probably gonna have to spend a bit more haha.  All my copies were $150 or more before shipping, and from Europe.  I bought them as a coping mechanism for when my last childhood cats died within a month of each other last year, and I think i was in around $200 total for each.  I didn't care about cost, I just needed them to help me. 

The band was supposed to do them before Covid hit, and intends to eventually get to it, so we may get lucky, but you're going to have to either wait it out, offer up more cash, or hope to get lucky on Discogs haha. 

Godspeed on your search friend.

Fair enough! Saw the last few sales on discogs for the US version was in the 75-120 range 🤷‍♂️. I see now, too, that the EU copies go for 😳 a lot more than I thought! I'm pretty open to negotiation with anybody. Sorry to hear about your cats...I'm proud cat dad myself and can't imagine where I'd be without my boy. This album definitely soothes the soul. Updated the op to trades and willing to negotiate..thanks!

22 hours ago, kjkenney said:

Fair enough! Saw the last few sales on discogs for the US version was in the 75-120 range 🤷‍♂️. I see now, too, that the EU copies go for 😳 a lot more than I thought! I'm pretty open to negotiation with anybody. Sorry to hear about your cats...I'm proud cat dad myself and can't imagine where I'd be without my boy. This album definitely soothes the soul. Updated the op to trades and willing to negotiate..thanks!

i'm not sure i trust the Discogs history thing, because i've bought things that then didn't show up in that aggregation when i literally made that transaction there on Discogs haha.  But who knows. 

I'll ping Jeff again soon... we talk about gear and whatnot, I'll pepper in a question about the status.  They get bugged all the time about it, so I don't want to be 'that guy' but i mean, for fucks sake... they're leaving FUCK tons of money on the table by not doing it.  Like, I can't even fathom.  They could probably move 2,000 or more of each album. 

Anyway, yeah, thanks for the kind words.  Fred went April 10, 2020 and then Doozer and Ethel both went this past summer.  Had them since my early 20's.  I'm 35 now.  So it sucked hard.  Along with 2 copies of Solace I also bought the entire Oceansize catalog minus Effloresce, which I already had.  It was an expensive year lol.