PO: Vein.fm - This World Is Going To Ruin You (3/4/2022)

zaoza

38 minutes ago, Tewreal said:

It's so sad paying $63 CAD/shipped for an album now a days.

Feel like I'm being priced out of this game

It's been rough since USPS upped their international shipping prices around 2015. Also the Canadian dollar's strength obviously makes things worse. 2011 - 2013 was the best. $12 - $20 USD records and $6 shipping and the Canadian dollar was worth more than USD. I used to be able to pre-order records from US labels for like $17 shipped. This Vein record cost $57 CAD...I really have to pick and choose what I am pre-ordering for the limited variant, and what I will just pick up locally on black vinyl (or whatever the indie store variant might be).

I was in university back in 2013 with part time service industry income and I could afford to buy more records than I can now with a legitimate salary.

3 hours ago, parkinglot said:

It's been rough since USPS upped their international shipping prices around 2015. Also the Canadian dollar's strength obviously makes things worse. 2011 - 2013 was the best. $12 - $20 USD records and $6 shipping and the Canadian dollar was worth more than USD. I used to be able to pre-order records from US labels for like $17 shipped. This Vein record cost $57 CAD...I really have to pick and choose what I am pre-ordering for the limited variant, and what I will just pick up locally on black vinyl (or whatever the indie store variant might be).

I was in university back in 2013 with part time service industry income and I could afford to buy more records than I can now with a legitimate salary.

yeah it's wild. Even a few years ago shipping was maybe $12. Then the last year or two its $20+. I've paid more in shipping than the actual vinyl price a few times. It's about $5 cheaper to ship from the UK even lol.

It just sucks cuz I don't think I've ever seen a Vein record for sale at a store in Toronto. So it's either pony up, wait for a tour, or listen to it on Spotify

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, parkinglot said:

well well well i just saw on twitter that they apparently trashed a venue and jumped the venue's security and some other band pulled a gun???? wtf

I'm still catching up on everything. What I understand is a micstand got broken. Vein offered to pay for it after their set. Someone from the venue/promoter flashed a gun from their waistband, singer of Momentum did the same thing and there was a verbal altercation? That's all I really know from the video I've seen/accounts