Preorders🤬

Am I the only one that is fed up with so many preordered albums. I am new to the hobby and have a lot of orders that keep getting pushed back! I would rather them put them up for sale when they are in hand. Sorry if this is an old topic of frustration for vinyl community.

3 minutes ago, 1madraven said:

Am I the only one that is fed up with so many preordered albums. I am new to the hobby and have a lot of orders that keep getting pushed back! I would rather them put them up for sale when they are in hand. Sorry if this is an old topic of frustration for vinyl community.

Yes. You're the only person in the world who gets frustrated waiting for something that gets pushed back. You're very unique and special.

6 minutes ago, 1madraven said:

You picked a rough time to get into the hobby with all of the supply chain issues and COVID impacting labor (probably a chicken and egg thing there). I've never seen it this bad before, but hopefully it will improve... in the meantime you just have to be patient. I'm currently waiting on 38 pre-ordered titles (sick brag, I know.)

28 minutes ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

I'm currently waiting on 38 pre-ordered titles (sick brag, I know.)

Just checked my list...I'm waiting on about 45 or so. But to be fair...35 or so are true pre-orders that have not even been released. The rest have already been out and just waiting on them to arrive. 

12 minutes ago, 1madraven said:

It kind of sucks to wait on an album, after the preorder is done because I might miss out on great variants or getting the record all together😒

May be time for a different hobby.  Get out while you can.  What you’re describing has been the name of the game since I started buying vinyl back in ‘09, personally.  Hasn’t really changed since then.  You either play around the FOMO or settle for whatever Amazon may eventually stock down the road.  Desirable variants and limited editions are probably off the table for you unless - like you said - you’re only buying them for artists / albums you know and love.  Just the nature of new releases and has been for quite some time – I will agree that Covid has really compounded the waiting game and made delays way more common, though.

The way I look at it, they’re ordered, so you’re gonna get them eventually.  Nothing you personally can do about it other than just wait.  It sucks but it’s all a part of it.  It may be worse now than it used to be, but this has always been a thing.

Edited by Rip

7 minutes ago, AdventureIsOutThere said:

Lovely welcome to the community...

Tis' the VC spirit 😂

Also @1madraven, just like any "good" or "fun" hobby, I would recommend you get yourself a nice spreadsheet.
It makes keeping track of it all much easier, because waiting is the name of the game. 

Edited by V3XED

1 hour ago, 1madraven said:

first-time-meme-template-hiql5.jpg

2 minutes ago, satoshi said:

first-time-meme-template-hiql5.jpg

First thing that came to mind when I read OP's post.  Glad someone took the time to post it.

I'm sure I'm drawing a blank here but can anyone else think of any other "hobby" where people actively wait around [or stay up late] just to spam F5, for the opportunity to overspend to wait for months on end for a product?

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

First thing that came to mind when I read OP's post.  Glad someone took the time to post it.

I'm sure I'm drawing a blank here but can anyone else think of any other "hobby" where people actively wait around [or stay up late] just to spam F5, for the opportunity to overspend to wait for months on end for a product?

Hype Craft beer pre orders and releases. F5 to spend $45 on 1 beer. 

33 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

limited run games. been waiting on a pre order for 14 months and no shipping in sight.

39 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Screen printed posters.  Tiki mugs.

1 hour ago, tokimedo said:

Hype Craft beer pre orders and releases. F5 to spend $45 on 1 beer. 

Close friend of mine just finished his documentary on Lambic Beer. This checks out

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXMKVsIF7RH/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by satoshi

6 minutes ago, satoshi said:

Close friend of mine just finished his documentary on Lambic Beer. This checks out

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXMKVsIF7RH/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I definitely have to check this out. Love me some Lambic, though access to decent stuff in the PNW is stupid without having to trade.  

Edited by mitchard