Preorders🤬

1 hour ago, tokimedo said:

Hype Craft beer pre orders and releases. F5 to spend $45 on 1 beer. 

The beer/whiskey game is still worse than vinyl, but only by a small margin anymore. Some of the shit I see in trade groups is insane. 

A four pack of milkshake slushy IPA w/ kiwi and organic butter that will likely explode while in USPS' hands? $55 shipped, nerds. Lambic is crazy for some of the more uncommon bottles, but the BA stouts are what have really going off the rails in recent years.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Oof.  With a huge wait too?

getting lambic shipped from europe can take a month or two, if you can even hit on anything just to spend $160 in shipping alone. 

but yeah, like someone mentioned here, all the rage these days is on barrel aged stouts and sours. Long drives, long lines, all the hype. 

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

May be time for a different hobby.  Get out while you can.  What you’re describing has been the name of the game since I started buying vinyl back in ‘09, personally.  Hasn’t really changed since then.  You either play around the FOMO or settle for whatever Amazon may eventually stock down the road.  Desirable variants and limited editions are probably off the table for you unless - like you said - you’re only buying them for artists / albums you know and love.  Just the nature of new releases and has been for quite some time – I will agree that Covid has really compounded the waiting game and made delays way more common, though.

Preorders have never been consistently delayed for months on end like they have the last 2 years. 

4 hours ago, Rip said:

The way I look at it, they’re ordered, so you’re gonna get them eventually.  Nothing you personally can do about it other than just wait.  It sucks but it’s all a part of it.  It may be worse now than I used to be, but this has always been a thing.

Were you around for the TOYPAJ preorder?

15 minutes ago, shenanigans said:

Preorders have never been consistently delayed for months on end like they have the last 2 years. 

100%.  Which is why I chose to end my post acknowledging exactly that, specifically.

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I will agree that Covid has really compounded the waiting game and made delays way more common, though.

4 hours ago, Rip said:

The way I look at it, they’re ordered, so you’re gonna get them eventually.  Nothing you personally can do about it other than just wait.  It sucks but it’s all a part of it.  It may be worse now than I used to be, but this has always been a thing.

Ever preorder from Interpunk?

Yep. Welcome. It's what you get. I only started my spreadsheet this year, but I really want to go back and see if I can create a graph of growing lead times over the years.

Last year the winner for longest order was mewithoutYou - It's All Crazy (Deluxe), with a total of 298 days from order to doorstep. Second place was the ETID/Cave In Split, at 241 days.

6 hours ago, shenanigans said:

Were you around for the TOYPAJ preorder?

I definitely was, but I don’t remember the details at all.  I think cause I actually just grabbed the tri-color variant from Hot Topic whenever that went up.  If you’re referring to SRC bullshit than I think I got my copy before that.

Edited by Rip

2 hours ago, Rip said:

I definitely was, but I don’t remember the details at all.  I think cause I actually just grabbed the tri-color variant from Hot Topic whenever that went up.  If you’re referring to SRC bullshit than I think I got my copy before that.

nah, RJ Crowder stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars in pre-orders and never delivering a product. SRC just came in and picked up the pieces. 

2 hours ago, Rip said:

The Mightier Than Sword guy?  Shit I always forget about that haha

yeah, MTS and academy fight song.. he was kinda running this board too

for some reason only shitbag companies manage this forum... virgil, RJ, SRC.... the track record here is far from stellar lol 

+ 1

same for me i'm fed up with preorders 

@ the end of 2021 i've preordered several vinyl for heaven shall burn + 2 different albums for unearth pressed on quite a few vinyl + several editions for death angel the b... tracks & i probably forget other bands

& what's more you've to wait a very long time for vinyl because of the problems of the pressing plants