[Preorder] Project 86 - Drawing Black Lines 20th Anniversary

tlr

2 hours ago, Alan P said:

Was a huge fan of this band and album at the time, and the album holds up, but honestly no chance I am buying this considering Andrew Schwab and all his crap in the last decade.

The fun part is that Andrew Schwab has no part in this vinyl issue whatsoever.

To celebrate the 20th anniversary, and to thank the fans, original members Randy Torres, Alex Albert, and Steven Dail secured the licensing rights to release DBL on vinyl. 

Long story short, I learned awhile back that licensing rights for vinyl don't really require any permission outside of an agreement with the publishing rights holders. It is more complicated than that (and infamously capitol EMI is apparently a nightmare to deal with for any and all T&N-releated reissues). 

Randy, Alex, and Steven don't require Schwab's permission to do this. It is literally a separate project they spearheaded. Hilariously Schwab had no idea until it dropped today. He's telling people on Patreon "we will get to the bottom of this" and "this is bootleg." lmao.

Delicious KARMA imo. Last year's DBL "celebration" amounted to just Andrew, no og members, a ridiculous $250 per ticket covid distanced concert, a "sit down dinner with the band", and ofc the fabulous banning of Steven and Randy from the P86 facebook page for daring to criticize Schwab's shitshow. I'm really happy those three dudes are doing this. 

2 hours ago, Rns robot said:

The fun part is that Andrew Schwab has no part in this vinyl issue whatsoever.

Randy, Alex, and Steven don't require Schwab's permission to do this. It is literally a separate project they spearheaded. Hilariously Schwab had no idea until it dropped today. He's telling people on Patreon "we will get to the bottom of this" and "this is bootleg." lmao.

AMAZING! YES! OK, I am totally buying it now to support Randy, Alex, and Steven.

1 hour ago, Alan P said:

AMAZING! YES! OK, I am totally buying it now to support Randy, Alex, and Steven.

Right? Support those amazing cats and stick it to Schwab lmao.

Hell it's kind of shocking that for all the ridiculous shit Schwab got up for the "celebration" last year he DIDN'T already do a DBL vinyl. 

I love love love that those dudes waited until they literally have the vinyl ready to go and just dropped it for sale. They started this a long time ago.

4 hours ago, bubb4 said:

is there anything other than the celebration mentioned in this thread?

SO MUCH. I can't begin to summarize. But I would say the last decade of Project 86 is illegitimate. Or at least it's not the same band. Project 86 would have made more sense with Randy, Steven, and Alex and another vocalist than it has been with Schwab continuing with other musicians.

1 hour ago, sugareggs said:

Any word on pressing numbers? Interested in this, but probably won’t be able to pick this up until sometime next month, but might already be gone by then. 

I asked unoriginal vinyl and their response was "We're sworn to secrecy, but the number is lower than you would expect"

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 6:07 PM, tlr said:

Whelp got my version in today, ordered the orange deluxe and was sent the black version. 😕

Glad I checked this thread. I didn't even think about it until just reading your post and realized I had ordered the Orange with the 7" as well and was sent black and none of the other items... Just reached out to them on bankdcamp. You hear anything from them yet?

9 hours ago, zacooper said:

Glad I checked this thread. I didn't even think about it until just reading your post and realized I had ordered the Orange with the 7" as well and was sent black and none of the other items... Just reached out to them on bankdcamp. You hear anything from them yet?

Yep, they reached out in a day, and said they would have the correct replacement sent out.

3 hours ago, sugareggs said:

How’s the sound on this? Packaging? 

Cover looks like they blew up original cd, pixelated, not the highest quality. Just put the vinyl on now, had to reset the tracking force on my stylus as i was only getting one channel, despite having just listened to other records just fine before it. Sound is serviceable. Haven't listened to the original in years so not sure how they compare.