Records With Googly Eyes

3 hours ago, prowl20 said:

Shameless plug, but I run an Instagram account called @RecordsWithGooglyEyes and I figured a bunch of you might take interest. We're always looking for more submissions (we have a lot, but will never say no to more). Give it a peep! If you're not familiar, hope you enjoy it! ❤️ 

There's a thread for this:

Feel free

14 minutes ago, faaip de oiad said:

There's a thread for this:

Feel free

Didn’t see it, I ran a few searches and nothing popped up. 

37 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

same. Keep doing the lord's work.

Thank you! When starting it, I didn’t realize anyone other than myself would give two shits about it. I thank the old tumblr account Metal Albums With Googly Eyes for the partial inspiration

1 hour ago, prowl20 said:

Didn’t see it, I ran a few searches and nothing popped up. 

Thank you! When starting it, I didn’t realize anyone other than myself would give two shits about it. I thank the old tumblr account Metal Albums With Googly Eyes for the partial inspiration

It's cool. We all like some intagram vinyl here

2 hours ago, Tidal Wave said:

Do you put the eyes directly on the  album covers?

As opposed to on the polybag? I'd prefer it if they were on the direct cover so there's no glare/reflection. One thing I learned from starting this account was that non-adhesive googly eyes are much more common than I thought. In fact, most googly eyes are non-adhesive.

1 hour ago, prowl20 said:

As opposed to on the polybag? I'd prefer it if they were on the direct cover so there's no glare/reflection. One thing I learned from starting this account was that non-adhesive googly eyes are much more common than I thought. In fact, most googly eyes are non-adhesive.

Wait, you didn’t permanently stick those googly eyes on the cover?!? Unfollowed!!!

10 minutes ago, bobby said:

Also been a follower for quite some time, for some reason I thought you did it all yourself/didn't take submissions. In which case I'll throw a couple of submissions your way as I strangely have a bag full of googly eyes at home.

The first few days starting out was just me but 99% of it is submission-based. Currently there’s about 850 unposted submissions sent from about 100 people. And another 75-100 from my collection that still needs to be posted. 

when submitting  just make sure you check the link in the bio first :) 

7 hours ago, prowl20 said:

The first few days starting out was just me but 99% of it is submission-based. Currently there’s about 850 unposted submissions sent from about 100 people. And another 75-100 from my collection that still needs to be posted. 

haha, wow! okay, i'll bear that in mind.

On 1/9/2022 at 10:27 PM, prowl20 said:

As opposed to digitally editing the photos. 

Non- adhesive google eyes makes more sense though 

On 1/10/2022 at 1:13 AM, prowl20 said:

Are you using buffer or hootsuite (or something like that) to post? 

Just came across this in a meme dump and knew I needed to post here haha

pRfv1Bf.jpg

Edited by phillybhatesme

13 hours ago, Tidal Wave said:

As opposed to digitally editing the photos. 

Non- adhesive google eyes makes more sense though 

Ohh ok. Yeah there’s zero photoshopping done on our end. Some people would try to send us photoshopped stuff and we could clearly tell and refused to post them haha.

3 hours ago, phillybhatesme said:

Are you using buffer or hootsuite (or something like that) to post? 

Just came across this in a meme dump and knew I needed to post here haha

pRfv1Bf.jpg

I was using Hootsuite for a little bit but didn’t like it (I’m a control freak and perfectionist 😅) I don’t think Hootsuite will post on your story and that was annoying 

• 3 months later...