PO Soon - Coheed and Cambria - Vaxis II - A Window for the Waking Mind

Title, tracklist and release date for the new Coheed has started appearing.
Countdown is also live on https://www.coheedandcambria.com/

spacer.png

Tracklist

1. The Embers of Fire
  2. Beautiful Losers
  3. Comatose
  4. Shoulders
  5. A Disappearing Act
  6. Love Murder One
  7. Blood
  8. The Liars Club
  9. Bad Man
  10. Our Love
  11. Ladders of Supremecy
  12. Rise, Naianasha (Cut the Cord)
  13. A Window of the Waking Mind

I didn’t hate the last album, but I didn’t love it, either. Two songs would make a  personal “Best of Coheed” playlist. As for new songs, Shoulders grew on me after a couple of listens, but Rise, Nianasha really didn’t appeal to me at all. 

Looking forward to hearing more. Hope it’s good.

12 minutes ago, cautionthieves said:

It felt like a love letter to the first three records

What?  Really?  Wild take but to each their own.  I say this as someone who was fanatical about this band in the early 2000s but will now give each new album a half-hearted listen just to make sure they’re safe to shit on.

Just now, SpaceAmbient said:

I loved the last album when it came out but now I can't stand it aside from a track or two.  Not sure what you call this phenomena.

“Delayed realization.”

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

What?  Really?  Wild take but to each their own.  I say this as someone who was fanatical about this band in the early 2000s but will now give each new album a half-hearted listen just to make sure they’re safe to shit on.

Same! They used to have something really special but are entirely uninspiring now. 

Coheed used to be my absolute favorite band, and I will by this the second it goes on sale, but to me I feel like they've lost their magic. Everything up to TCBTS had something about it that I can't describe, and everything since has felt kinda...safe, or sterile. The production feels like it has no dynamics at all, I think it's mixed very flat, and Claudio's songwriting hasn't captured me in the slightest. Of the two newest tracks, I like Shoulders, but Rise, Naianasha was completely unremarkable even though it was trying to be. 

I hope to fall back in love with Coheed someday, maybe this album will grow on me. 

oof, that cover art...

These songs are really forgettable. I could probably put together an album of decent songs from the last several albums, but mostly Coheed doesn't really have any magic for me anymore. I still listen to SSTB regularly - I love the raw energy and production on that album. More recent albums have only been purchased when I find them in the used bin.

Just now, Corgipants said:

This. 

It took a week or two for the vinyl to pop up. 

7 minutes ago, RadDonut said:

Remember folks, they did this with the last album. Had the cd deluxe up but no vinyl deluxe for a bit. Not sure if why they are doing it that way..

good calls. Will stay on the lookout. thanks!