PO: The Microphones Box Set

spoon

• 2 weeks later...

11 hours ago, Derek™ said:

My box is already moving and it’s not even officially February yet.  You love to see it.

Just got a shipping notification as well.  Super cool they didn't announce the release until they must've had stock in hand to assemble and have a reasonable turn around.  On the other side of the coin I'm still waiting for the Kid A special edition that I ordered back in September

17 hours ago, Derek™ said:

My box is already moving and it’s not even officially February yet.  You love to see it.

Oh damn. I live fairly close to Anacortes so should be getting mine within the next few days. 

Edit: didn’t realize that mine shipped yesterday and will be here tomorrow.

Edited by Bronchitis

Minor rant: Mine arrived with the box coming apart and a pretty major seam split in the spine of Glow Pt.2.  I know this was quite an undertaking for an independent artist but definitely agree packaging should've been more considered than a layer of bubble wrap.  Was offered a replacement jacket but there's no overrun on the box itself so no replacement available.  I was also offered a refund on "components they could reuse" if I wanted to return it, I didn't ask for a refund nor do I want to return it but that sort of rubbed me the wrong way.  The Microphones are a very  important band to me and this is a cool release and I was able to sell off some old records to offset the cost but if I'm being honest between lackluster attention to detail with shipping and handling and the fact that they apparently sold a bunch of these with one less record for the same price, I feel like they definitely could make more of an effort to do better by fans purchasing an expensive set like this.  That being said, the book is well done and I'm glad all the linear notes are still included for all of the individual records.  Also very happy the digital content is redeemed through bandcamp so I don't need to actually download everything.  A lot of the Live/Unreleased material I've listened to so far is pretty cool.  End minor rant/review 

1 hour ago, Multiverse said:

Damn, I'm sorry folks are getting their copies with damage. I was worried since the shipping box had a gash in it but thankfully it's all in one piece.  Bandcamp is definitely convenient, I was kind of expecting a flash drive or something given the sheer amount but this works too. 

I’m fortunate that mine didn’t come as damage as bonedigger’s but can’t imagine what it would look like if it had to travel more than just a few hours. The shipping box was already falling apart.

I’m not liking what I’m seeing/hearing. I haven’t gotten shipping confirmation yet, and that could be because he’s doing this all himself, or the fact that I paid with the PayPal 4 for bullshit.

Does anyone know where it was shipped from? I’m not sure I know where he’s living these days. Living in CA, most thing show up destroyed, which is not a good sign for this.

28 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

I’m not liking what I’m seeing/hearing. I haven’t gotten shipping confirmation yet, and that could be because he’s doing this all himself, or the fact that I paid with the PayPal 4 for bullshit.

Does anyone know where it was shipped from? I’m not sure I know where he’s living these days. Living in CA, most thing show up destroyed, which is not a good sign for this.

These ship from the PNW I'm pretty sure – close to Seattle or thereabouts.  I wouldn't fret too much: I'm so far north in California that I've actually driven to Seattle after work for a show – once, and only once – and I only just got my box yesterday.  The mail system is just fucked right now.  None of my orders are updating either, outside of the periodic update on one random package every 2-3 days.

51 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Anacortes. Just a little bit away from Seattle like Derek said. About 1.5 hours.

19 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

These ship from the PNW I'm pretty sure – close to Seattle or thereabouts.  I wouldn't fret too much: I'm so far north in California that I've actually driven to Seattle after work for a show – once, and only once – and I only just got my box yesterday.  The mail system is just fucked right now.  None of my orders are updating either, outside of the periodic update on one random package every 2-3 days.

That’s what I figured. In between Olympia and Seattle. I think it’ll be okay. But I always seem to have bad luck. I, usually, deserve it for being such a dick in real life haha

Who the fuck did you drive that far to go see? How long did that take?

24 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Jeez. I’ve driven up to Seattle and back for a few shows and it still sucks doing the 2ish hour drive. That’s dedication for you to go through two states. Tacoma traffic is pretty bad and makes it so much worse if you hit that. 

Edited by Bronchitis

27 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

That’s what I figured. In between Olympia and Seattle. I think it’ll be okay. But I always seem to have bad luck. I, usually, deserve it for being such a dick in real life haha

Who the fuck did you drive that far to go see? How long did that take?

24 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

Jeez. I’ve driven up to Seattle and back for a few shows and it still sucks doing the 2ish hour drive. That’s dedication for you to go through two states. Tacoma traffic is pretty bad and makes it so much worse if you hit that. 

It was with a buddy who I turned on to Earth a few months prior.  He fell head over heels for them, and it was the only show they were scheduled to play for the entire year.  (I think this was… 2013?)  Shit took like 9 hours in each direction, maybe more.  We headed back right after the show too… oh, to be young again.  Honestly I had never been to Seattle, nor had I ever seen Earth, and I had nothing else going on.  Seemed like a fun idea to do on whim and I have no regrets about it.  Dude ended up doing a lot of the driving which I’m still so thankful for, to this day.  (I made sure to compensate him with one of those Bees Made Honey leather boxsets like a week later.  Which was definitely not cheap to track down at the time – a year before it got reissued, RIP.)

6 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

Apparently they've shipped out half of the orders. The other half should be shipping by mid-February. Phil's working with the people at The Business record store in Anacortes to get these shipped.

FWIW I live in Los Angeles and mine arrived in perfect condition.

Oh, and apparently all box sets will include a complete copy of Early Tapes after all, in case anyone here was one of the last to order.

Edited by ex lion tamer

1 minute ago, wellnow said:

Gee, sorry, I didn’t read every sentence of a full page of people describing how their copies were damaged in shipping.

He said on his website that the last copies of the box wouldn’t include Early Tapes. I was going off of that. 

It's usually a good idea to know you're right before trying to troll.