Repress: Nirvana - In Utero 2013 Mix

My first press copy of this has a pressing defect during Rape Me, a small dimple which causes the needle to jump, I'm guessing this was caused by a dirty stamper?  Anyway, I've only seen this lightly referenced on discogs so I'm thinking maybe it was only present for one batch of this pressing, can anyone else speak to their pressing having or not having this defect?  I've always wanted to buy a clean copy of this but haven't motivated on it 

5 hours ago, Squard said:

Is this mix especially good/sought after? I like the album but don't pay much attention to Nirvana, not sure if I should be seeking this one out specifically.

From what I recall the mix sounded great, but was very to subtly different depending on one's ear and the song. These remixed albums can be jarring if you've heard the originally released version a thousand times and all of a sudden the guitar solo is a different take. At least that was my experience. Maybe check and see if this 2013 mix is streamable or on youtube to check out how it varies from the originally released version to see if it's something you want.

I don't recall my copy having any pressing defects, but I offloaded mine years ago. Just looked at the reviews on Discogs and I don't see comments on the defects mentioned above, so maybe it was a fairly isolated incident.

10 hours ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

From what I recall the mix sounded great, but was very to subtly different depending on one's ear and the song. These remixed albums can be jarring if you've heard the originally released version a thousand times and all of a sudden the guitar solo is a different take. At least that was my experience. Maybe check and see if this 2013 mix is streamable or on youtube to check out how it varies from the originally released version to see if it's something you want.

I don't recall my copy having any pressing defects, but I offloaded mine years ago. Just looked at the reviews on Discogs and I don't see comments on the defects mentioned above, so maybe it was a fairly isolated incident.

Will do, thanks! Appreciate your help.

On 1/15/2022 at 5:03 AM, bonedigger said:

My first press copy of this has a pressing defect during Rape Me, a small dimple which causes the needle to jump, I'm guessing this was caused by a dirty stamper?  Anyway, I've only seen this lightly referenced on discogs so I'm thinking maybe it was only present for one batch of this pressing, can anyone else speak to their pressing having or not having this defect?  I've always wanted to buy a clean copy of this but haven't motivated on it 

I recently listened to my copy again and it has no defects. Very clean. I love this mix.