PO: PUP - The Unravelling of PUPTHEBAND (Out 4/1/22)

49 minutes ago, CatsNJazz said:

Didn't expect much from this record but it has some tracks, production seems pretty rough though, hows the record sound?

Same here. I don't like the mix very much and I'm not a big fan of some of the tones. Drums are super flat and some of the guitar tones sound like cheesy 80's guitars. There's some good songs on here but probably won't listen to this one much.

12 minutes ago, seafoamgreen said:

My glow in the dark copy came in- punctured sleeve so if anyone's got a spare for some reason...

Also surprised this didn't come with a download code. Second record I've gotten this week that doesn't have one. End of an era or just bad luck?

End of an era for sure. I'm seeing more and more of that with my purchases too. I've also seen small independent labels on social media asking if people use them, and the response is usually majority no.

3 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

End of an era for sure. I'm seeing more and more of that with my purchases too. I've also seen small independent labels on social media asking if people use them, and the response is usually majority no.

I think so too.  I'm seeing fewer in my releases as well.  As someone who likes to purchase and own music (rather than to steal or rent it), the download code is one of the main things that drew me back to purchasing vinyl in the first place.  If I am continually confronted with the option to either purchase something twice (vinyl and digital versions of albums), I will probably slowly stop purchasing vinyl.  I don't mean that to sound like a whiny "customer is always right" kind of way, but a natural path I will eventually end up going down.

2 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

Yeah think so too. Physical cards have been gone for a while, but I honestly only get digital ones on 50% of my vinyl buys. I think the biggest factor is that so many people now equate Spotify listeners with how successful a band is. So many YouTubers do it (Finn Mckenty, Fantano) and I'm sure tour promoters, future larger labels, etc all look at that stuff. Spotify themselves base whether or not to include people in playlists on how many listens a track gets, which exposes them to more people, yada-yada. Cutting it out of vinyl is likely a small piece in getting some fans to those platforms and pushing that machine forward.

32 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Yeah think so too. Physical cards have been gone for a while, but I honestly only get digital ones on 50% of my vinyl buys. I think the biggest factor is that so many people now equate Spotify listeners with how successful a band is. So many YouTubers do it (Finn Mckenty, Fantano) and I'm sure tour promoters, future larger labels, etc all look at that stuff. Spotify themselves base whether or not to include people in playlists on how many listens a track gets, which exposes them to more people, yada-yada. Cutting it out of vinyl is likely a small piece in getting some fans to those platforms and pushing that machine forward.

Yeah, even in my conversations with people now, there's way more discussion on streaming numbers and stuff. That's trickled down from majors to indie labels over the last few years it seems. Although with Apple Music, at least, I believe that if you upload MP3s into your library and sync it, it'll essentially connects your MP3s to the streaming platform. I could be wrong about that, but that's how I've interpreted it. Not sure about Spotify.

On 1/18/2022 at 12:22 PM, N8TRU said:

spacer.png

I think there's another variant. The standard in the above image only shows up on the US link:

https://store.puptheband.com/collections/featured-us

The Canadian link features a Neon Orange, Yellow & Blue Smush variant. I haven't been able to find any pressing numbers for it. The copy I picked up from my local shop in Toronto is the same as this. Looks a lot like the Banquet one... the images are identical. 

https://store.puptheband.com/collections/featured-can

On the back of the cover next to the barcode it reads "2021 Little Dipper under exclusive license in Canada to Universal Music Canada Inc."

Edited by discoinfiltrator07