GHOST - Impera PO

On 1/20/2022 at 3:27 AM, TheDemonic said:

Hot Stuff (Sweden) Exclusive: “We can offer an exclusive Swedish press in Transparent Pink vinyl only available from us at Hot Stuff only  Numbered Limited edition of 888 copies only.”

https://hotstuff.se/en/lp-ghost-impera-transparent-pink-vinyl-numbered-limited-edition-of-888-copies-hot-stuff-exclusice-06/84131

I got my copy of this today and the "numbering" is a sticker on the outside of the shrinkwrap, you gotta be kidding me

4 hours ago, ZeroNowhere said:

Did you just start buying records?  Quite a few labels have done numbering like this for years.

I've been collecting records for over 25 years now and never seen this before. Its stupid and a totally different situation then the shrinkwrap sticker informing you what the color of the vinyl is.

3 hours ago, hainspoint said:

I've been collecting records for over 25 years now and never seen this before. Its stupid and a totally different situation then the shrinkwrap sticker informing you what the color of the vinyl is.

I agree, and I had to think about it, but a lot of labels like Nuclear Blast and Metal Blade have been doing it for a while.

i just looked at Carcass - Surgical Steel on Discogs and all the early color presses have numbered stickers on them. Again I don’t like it either, and the way these things are marketed I’m sure you were expecting something more permanent on the jacket.

Edited by kannibal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ghost is releasing a deluxe box set edition of Impera.  Very pricey, but it does look cool if you're a fan.  Looks like there is a colored edition out of 6k and a black variant through Revolver out of 2200.

Ghost (ghost-official.com)

EXTENDED IMPERA COLLECTORS EDITION FEARTURES:

Individually copper foiled numbered at 6K units worldwide 

Impera & Live from the Ministry EP Double Colored Vinyl (Sky Blue & Gold) etching on Side D enclosed in a 3D, die-cut jacket with light feature

28-page Impera album booklet

Phantomime EP on Black Ice vinyl with exclusive jacket artwork

Unreleased cover “Stay” on a limited-edition orchid 7” with etching on side B

22-page thick bound photo book

18x24 Spillways Poster

Ghost wax seal kit contained in a satin pouch with embroidered Ghost logo and three colored custom Ghost candles with three stamper designs

All enclosed in a matte lift lid box with a copper foil Ghost logo

*THIS IS A ONE TIME ONLY PRODUCTION RU