PO Now: Poison the Well - Tear from the Red LP Reissue on Greg Puciato's Label

jhulud

8 minutes ago, awalkingwounded said:

I just want You Come Before You to be repressed so I don’t have to pull the trigger on a  $100+ copy on Discogs. Likelihood this ever happens is significantly diminished and unlikely since it was on Atlantic…

Assume YCBY will have the same fate as Antenna by Cave In. Locked away from all :(

9 minutes ago, awalkingwounded said:

I would tend to agree unless Relapse has a hidden ace up their sleeves. I just need UYHS again because my copy is warped as shit. 

Relapse confirmed that they didn't acquire the rights to Antenna, sadly. 
Seems like everything else is getting a repress though!

14 hours ago, awalkingwounded said:

I just want You Come Before You to be repressed so I don’t have to pull the trigger on a  $100+ copy on Discogs. Likelihood this ever happens is significantly diminished and unlikely since it was on Atlantic…

The band said they had a plan to do something with YCBY when announcing they weren't consulted by Backbite about the recent repress. Fingers crossed they'll get to do it for the 20th anniversary next year.

4 hours ago, zaoza said:

The band said they had a plan to do something with YCBY when announcing they weren't consulted by Backbite about the recent repress. Fingers crossed they'll get to do it for the 20th anniversary next year.

Reissue they couldn't even spell the damn title correctly. Still annoyed by that.. 

On 1/27/2022 at 5:30 PM, awalkingwounded said:

The OG does sound really good, should you break down and buy one. 

4 hours ago, danyc said:

The OG does sound really good, should you break down and buy one. 

The backbite pressing also sounds good, they just fucked the cover, embarassingly so... It would've been a nice package all up if they didn't... I seem to remember they acquired the rights through Atlantic and tried to contact the band and received no response, at least that was their side of the story.

This is the last one I need, then I have my full set of the first 3 albums (misprint covers and all) and can ride off into the sunset. Never got into Versions or Tropic Rot, but there is still time.

1 hour ago, 2notepockets said:

The backbite pressing also sounds good, they just fucked the cover, embarassingly so... It would've been a nice package all up if they didn't... I seem to remember they acquired the rights through Atlantic and tried to contact the band and received no response, at least that was their side of the story.

This is the last one I need, then I have my full set of the first 3 albums (misprint covers and all) and can ride off into the sunset. Never got into Versions or Tropic Rot, but there is still time.

Tropic Rot is a pure masterpiece! I love how they got a little weird on that record.

YCBY is my favourite though :) My OG pressing is one of my prized possessions!

Everytime I see a copy of Verisons pop up for sale it is so expensive! One day I'll get my hands on one! Keen for this TFTR drop!

Edited by Sonorsaur

19 hours ago, Sonorsaur said:

Tropic Rot is a pure masterpiece! I love how they got a little weird on that record.

YCBY is my favourite though :) My OG pressing is one of my prized possessions!

Everytime I see a copy of Verisons pop up for sale it is so expensive! One day I'll get my hands on one! Keen for this TFTR drop!

Tropic rot is my favorite of theirs, it is a good mix of everything. I don't think its that weird of a record, their weird record is Versions for sure. The tropic rot is more YCBY for me. 

2 hours ago, MayCauseDeath said:

Tropic rot is my favorite of theirs, it is a good mix of everything. I don't think its that weird of a record, their weird record is Versions for sure. The tropic rot is more YCBY for me. 

Definitely agree Versions is their weirdest record!

Tropic Rot is only second favourite by a tiny margin for me! Haha

Should mention that I like stuff that's a little weird! 

Edited by Sonorsaur

• jhulud changed the title to PO Now: Poison the Well - Tear from the Red LP Reissue on Greg Puciato's Label