Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon

2 minutes ago, Shlebs said:

I was calling people who listened to this album closet pedophiles way before Jesse came out and the reaction was quite different back then.

I feel like him being a sex pervert weirdo was an open secret way before it became widely known a couple years ago. I had never heard Brand New until after he was outed and don’t know anyone in real life who likes them but somehow knew about his proclivity for young girls for the longest time. 

2 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

I feel like him being a sex pervert weirdo was an open secret way before it became widely known a couple years ago. I had never heard Brand New until after he was outed and don’t know anyone in real life who likes them but somehow knew about his proclivity for young girls for the longest time. 

All I know is this album has always felt really gross even as a teenager. I wasn't a great person back then myself but some of the lyrics... fuck 

7 minutes ago, Shlebs said:

All I know is this album has always felt really gross even as a teenager. I wasn't a great person back then myself but some of the lyrics... fuck 

Oh yeah, I hear ya. I mostly just know that* as a failed Modest Mouse ripoff band anyway and have never quite understood the hype too much. Or at least them being as hyped as they were around here. 

*them

Edited by Bronchitis

I'm also not going to stop listening to a band I liked in some attempt to pat myself on the back and seem woke online. People who feel the need to tell strangers on the internet that they stopped listening to a band cause "bad man" are just virtue signaling.

I dont give a shit about the members of this band, or any band. 

3 minutes ago, DafTyler said:

I'm also not going to stop listening to a band I liked in some attempt to pat myself on the back and seem woke online. People who feel the need to tell strangers on the internet that they stopped listening to a band cause "bad man" are just virtue signaling.

I dunno, the main person in the band being a sex offender is a pretty reasonable reason to stop listening and supporting them. 

15 minutes ago, DafTyler said:

I stopped listening because I feel gross when I hear the songs. I don't begrudge anyone for whom that isn't true if they want to keep listening, though I may question their judgment a bit. That's it.

16 minutes ago, DafTyler said:

I like to think I'm the same way but when a chorus starts "what difference does this difference in age make" and I'm singing along with a known pedophile it feels kinda weird.

17 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

I dunno, the main person in the band being a sex offender is a pretty reasonable reason to stop listening and supporting them. 

It 100% is. 

3 minutes ago, tape said:

I stopped listening because I feel gross when I hear the songs. I don't begrudge anyone for whom that isn't true if they want to keep listening, though I may question their judgment a bit. That's it.

Thats fair. I still listen occasionally, but I'm not supporting the shit he did. 

3 minutes ago, Shlebs said:

I like to think I'm the same way but when a chorus starts "what difference does this difference in age make" and I'm singing along with a known pedophile it feels kinda weird.

This is for sure a fair point for sure. Hearing something in the songs that brings the person into it, makes it much less enjoyable. 

3 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

I own a few Burzum albums, so I guess it’s pretty hypocritical for me to be a dick about people listening to this band. 

This is the thing for me.  

People still listen to MJ, Bowie, Aerosmith, and they all get radio play despite doing some pretty disgusting stuff. 

People just gotta empathize with people more and not think cause you listen to band you support pedophilia or something. 

13 hours ago, DafTyler said:

Doesn't that make you the one doing all the "virtue signaling" here?  You don't care... yet here you are, compelled to lecture people you disagree with.

Find better uses for your time, friend.  Also, prancing around the internet complaining about "virtue signaling" is a major dogwhistle.  Just so you know.

1 hour ago, tdogg241 said:

Doesn't that make you the one doing all the "virtue signaling" here?  You don't care... yet here you are, compelled to lecture people you disagree with.

Find better uses for your time, friend.  Also, prancing around the internet complaining about "virtue signaling" is a major dogwhistle.  Just so you know.

What a shit take. This could also be considered "virtue signaling", friend. 

I'm not lecturing, or compelled to do anything and I haven't disagreed with anyone. 

Prancing around the internet? you have any other examples of this or just thought it made you sound good? give me a break. 

Find a better use for my time? You are aware this is a sub for collecting vinyl records right? Every post here could be considered a waste of time.

Would you rather talk about what I'm doing with my life? Would that make for better convo on a vinyl site? What a joke.