PO: Matchbook Romance - Voices

Rip

HOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIIIT

Also: this popped up on eBay a few weeks ago but I missed it. The buyer created the discogs entry for it when he got it. I messaged him and the store and they had no idea where it came from at the time. Now we know it’s legit, and it’s already been pressed, so there should be no delays getting this one. This has been a LONG TIME COMING for this guy. Holy fucking shit I’m so happy. 

Edited by Boaty McBoatface

2 hours ago, Boaty McBoatface said:

HOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIIIT

Also: this popped up on eBay a few weeks ago but I missed it. The buyer created the discogs entry for it when he got it. I messaged him and the store and they had no idea where it came from at the time. Now we know it’s legit, and it’s already been pressed, so there should be no delays getting this one. This has been a LONG TIME COMING for this guy. Holy fucking shit I’m so happy. 

Echoing the excitement. This is a severely underrated record that still holds up today. Grabbed a black one.

10 hours ago, FlippingOut said:

Remember first hearing them on a compilation (maybe Atticus comp?) Never really got into this album, though. 

Hollywood & Vine was on the Warped Tour 2003 comp, and The Greatest Fall (Of All Time) was on Punk-O-Rama 8. These two MR songs were my first taste of the new wave of emo.
@ejc625 I agree with you. It was around this time when every emo band was trying to shed the “label” and try different things to remain relevant. Voices, to me, was as successful as The Devil and God at progressing the band beyond the early ‘00s emo style. 

I always pictured this album on strictly black vinyl, so I’m pleased with that. The etching looks sweet. 
Finally, I paid $34 shipping to get this record and I couldn’t give two shits. I’ll just whore myself out for a couple extra hours at work next week!

Edited by Boaty McBoatface

• 3 weeks later...