Deathcrash - Return [Indie Rock / Slowcore] (FFO: Slint, Codeine, Duster...etc)

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Thanks for creating this thread; been wanting to check them out for about a month now but kept getting sidetracked and spacing on the name.  Expecting great things from the circles I’ve seen this name come up in, and that FFO list above…

I’m not sure if you are familiar with Bluetile Lounge, but this band reminds me a bit more of them than the bands mentioned. I’m liking it more than I thought I would. 

8 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

I’m not sure if you are familiar with Bluetile Lounge, but this band reminds me a bit more of them than the bands mentioned. I’m liking it more than I thought I would. 

I sure have.  Fun fact if you hadn't heard; they've been in the process of getting Lowercase pressed since April of last year, and are working on new material as well.

1 hour ago, Bronchitis said:

YES! Thank you for the good news. Made my night.

Excellent to hear.  I’ll be sure to drop you a line if VC doesn’t have a thread for that, eventually.

6 hours ago, jerseydave77 said:

I went to buy this a couple days ago but couldn't find it in a US distro/store. If anyone has a lead stateside I'd be in. 

If one doesn’t pop up, I’d be down to set up a group buy after I check out the LP.  I started with the EP this afternoon and really enjoyed it.  I’ll try out the debut tomorrow and go from there.  Just food for thought.

• 11 months later...

I feel like Jeniferever is definitely more on the post-rock side of things but to be totally honest, I haven’t revisited them in a minute.

I haven’t tried the new Deathcrash single yet, but was just listening to their EP last night.  Their 2022 record was great as well.  I don’t think either had programmed drums, though.

11 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I feel like Jeniferever is definitely more on the post-rock side of things but to be totally honest, I haven’t revisited them in a minute.

I haven’t tried the new Deathcrash single yet, but was just listening to their EP last night.  Their 2022 record was great as well.  I don’t think either had programmed drums, though.

The new single reminded me of Holy Fawn if HF was a slowcore band. I’m really digging it. I might wait until some US distribution is available. (The band said there would be copies available via Forced Exposure in the US)

5 hours ago, wisdom81 said:

Saw the preorder for the new album. Listened to the song and immediately bought it.

Realized I had put Return on a list somewhere and totally forgot about it. Revisited it, loved it and also ordered it. I just wish I had given it more time before.

Where'd ya get Return from? I thought I'd ordered it when it came out and turns out I straight-up forgot to, now it's sold out everywhere that I can see.

10 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

Where'd ya get Return from? I thought I'd ordered it when it came out and turns out I straight-up forgot to, now it's sold out everywhere that I can see.

I'm based in the EU so managed to get it from Musicfearsatan (France). I also remember seeing it on a Greek website (dirtynoise.gr) and Amazon.co.uk but quite a bit more expensive.

Otherwise it seems to be sold out everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I slept on this band WAY too long—I recently stumbled on their latest single and started working back from there. Both Return and People Thought My Windows... are fantastic.  I'm in the U.S. but I was able to grab a copy from Amazon of all places - there were a couple copies on Discogs last I checked as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, prowl20 said:

Has anyone in the US received their copy of the new record yet? I can’t find any info if they’re delayed or not and Forced Exposure hasn’t responded to my email 😕 

Ages ago, yeah.  But I'm also 99% sure that I never actually cancelled my Drift PO – I think it was? – to save the $2 or $3 through Forced Exposure.  That being said, the few times I've interacted with FE, I got the impression that they take their sweet time replying to inquiries and also seem to miss their projected shipment dates (while also failing to update their site descriptions to reflect new ones)... but they still consistently come through.  From my experience(s).

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Ages ago, yeah.  But I'm also 99% sure that I never actually cancelled my Drift PO – I think it was? – to save the $2 or $3 through Forced Exposure.  That being said, the few times I've interacted with FE, I got the impression that they take their sweet time replying to inquiries and also seem to miss their projected shipment dates (while also failing to update their site descriptions to reflect new ones)... but they still consistently come through.  From my experience(s).

I’ll hold out hope! I just don’t want to wait a year only to find out they accidentally oversold distro’d copies haha

• 6 months later...