Parannoul (파란노을) Catch-all Thread ('After the Magic' out now! Vinyl shipping Aug 2023)

dapeebs

10 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

…But also not available yet. 😅 You can sign up to be notified when they drop over at Topshelf though.  I figure the music will be available 1/28 but the PO could drop anytime before then, feasibly.  (Or maybe even after, which would be weird.)

Yeah, their wording was a little confusing to me. 

25 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

We thinking it’ll ship prior to Q1 2024?

Presumably, though it depends on how production and record plants will fair this year.  Hopefully less bottlenecking but I’m not optimistic.

But if this was a remark on Topshelf’s handling of the AGBPOL preorder, I suspect they’re probably in a better spot since they’re no longer dealing with stock in legal gridlock, in a warehouse off limits to them.  I think it’ll be fine.

4 hours ago, dapeebs said:

We thinking it’ll ship prior to Q1 2024? 

TSTNPOTD is fantastic, curious to see how this turns out. New Single is a bit of a change in direction, less fuzzy shoegaze: 

This is great. I’m not a big shoegaze fan and really like this direction. That last part rules.

On 1/20/2023 at 1:39 PM, Derek™ said:

Presumably, though it depends on how production and record plants will fair this year.  Hopefully less bottlenecking but I’m not optimistic.

But if this was a remark on Topshelf’s handling of the AGBPOL preorder, I suspect they’re probably in a better spot since they’re no longer dealing with stock in legal gridlock, in a warehouse off limits to them.  I think it’ll be fine.

Nah more on their recent preorders in general. Been a few recent ones I have been interested in that are 9-12 month preorders beside AGBPOL. Knifeplay and Elephant Gym being examples. 

Regardless, I am more excited that Parannoul is partnering/signed with Topshelf. Was championing that ever since their last album started to make waves. 

On 1/20/2023 at 1:46 PM, N8TRU said:

If we're lucky. My Elephant Gym pre-order from March 2022 is supposed to ship this month. I have no idea but I'm not hopeful for less than 9 months.

Totally forgot about ordering Elephant Gym! Just checked their site and says expected ship date is 2/20/23. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • dapeebs changed the title to Parannoul (파란노을) Catch-all Thread ('After the Magic' out 1/28/23 via Topshelf, vinyl preorder soonish?)

Album and preorder came out over the weekend. Vinyl is sold out on Bandcamp but still available through Top Shelf, although the Magenta Magic retail exclusive variant (the most numerous variant) is sold out. Album is real good, y’all. 

Pressing Info:

/1000 ~ Polaris Blue, Gatefold 2x LP 
/800 ~ 180g Black, Gatefold 2x LP 
/1200 - Magenta Magic, Gatefold 2x LP (Retail Exclusive)

12 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

I just assumed they never had it in stock. Grabbed the blue the other day. Hope it comes out looking somewhat like the mock up.

Same x 3.

Album is very good as well.  I know some people couldn’t get over the lo-fi production of the last LP… but they shouldn’t have an issue this time around.  Even with extra bells and whistles by way of more prevalent strings and electronics, I think it’s still in line with everything that’s drawn me to Parannoul’s previous work.  I’m quite happy with it and eager to hear what repeat listens reveal.

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Did you dig Parannoul’s last record?

Yes actually I did, enough that I heavily considered picking up that pricey TSTNPOTD release, and I was excited to check this out. I’ll listen to it a few more times to see if it clicks, I usually don’t write off records until after a few listens at least

33 minutes ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

Yes actually I did, enough that I heavily considered picking up that pricey TSTNPOTD release, and I was excited to check this out. I’ll listen to it a few more times to see if it clicks, I usually don’t write off records until after a few listens at least

Interesting.  What are you not especially jiving with this time around?  I feel like it’s an extension of TSTNPOTD through and through, just with a slightly bigger budget and more polish.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Interesting.  What are you not especially jiving with this time around?  I feel like it’s an extension of TSTNPOTD through and through, just with a slightly bigger budget and more polish.

I guess I was expecting more, and kept thinking “uh huh is that it?” on multiple songs.

idk it’s not bad, but I felt underwhelmed

• dapeebs changed the title to Parannoul (파란노을) Catch-all Thread ('After the Magic' out now! Vinyl shipping Aug 2023)