Parannoul (파란노을) Catch-all Thread ('After the Magic' out now! Vinyl shipping Aug 2023)

dapeebs

1 hour ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

I guess I was expecting more, and kept thinking “uh huh is that it?” on multiple songs.

idk it’s not bad, but I felt underwhelmed

Damn, that’s pretty wild.  For me, I found myself noticing how level and tame the songs were starting out, but admiring the heights and layers they’d achieve.  When the first few songs in a row established that, I was along for the ride and didn’t feel underwhelmed at any point, to be honest.  I kept waiting for a dud track to come along and didn’t find it.  I think the final track maybe left me expecting a smidge more considering it was also the title track, but it works as a little breather and come-down for the whole thing.

Different strokes for different folks though.  I just haven’t read too many takes from anyone who enjoyed the last LP but feels anything less than impressed with the new one.  You’re entitled to feel however you’d like, I’m not here to convince you to PO it or anything.  You present a pretty interesting opinion.

• dapeebs changed the title to Parannoul (파란노을) Catch-all Thread ('After the Magic' out now! Vinyl shipping Aug 2023)

• 6 months later...
9 hours ago, Letskissthesky10 said:

Nice, Jyocho should be going the same time. I can’t wait for both of these. Ow let’s get the back catalogs pressed!

Clever Eagle (US) had copies of “To See The Next Part Of The Dream” earlier in the year. I still need to spin my copy.

I’d LOVE to see “Let's Walk On The Path Of A Blue Cat” on vinyl!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks for your patience with me on this one, y'all. i know there have been some headaches over the last year or so. we've really been going through it. i'm def not trying to make any excuses though and want everyone to be happy with what they ordered. i will say tho, i've had so much support from friends when it gets crazy, but day to day, all customer service, shipping, receiving, inventorying—it's all just me. so it can get kinda backed up sometimes (it is right now). we're bringing on more folks to help soon and gradually rebounding from the whole Awesome Merch fiasco. i can't express how much that knocked us completely on our ass tho. i think we're putting out some of the nicest, high quality, intentionally packaged records of any indie label our size currently despite all that. and i think we're gonna get things more organized and streamlined in the next few months. so, yeah, idk, i am rambling, but i just wanted to say thanks for bearing with us on some super annoying pre-orders. we'll definitely get things humming along again here shortly. 

oh! also! anyone getting the "Polaris Blue" variant and finding it doesn't look as intended. we're looking into how this happened as this isn't what we ordered. i was as suprised as any of you. here's some copy pasta i've sent a few people who have emailed to inquire about it:

I didn't change anything about our order. This is not how I ordered it. I didn't order a "color in color" as you have received. I ordered a "galaxy" and never changed that. My exact words when ordering from the manufacturer: "DDGalaxy #13 Transparent + C1 Solid White 'POLARIS BLUE'". I used this tool the manufacturer provides to generate a mockup: https://colorconfig.atozmedia.com/ and that's what we have based everything off of. We didn't make any changes to what we ordered or said we would be making available. I'm sorry this isn't as expected. If this is a dealbreaker for you, I can cover your shipping to return it for a full refund.

tytyty

3 hours ago, topshelfsquad said:

thanks for your patience with me on this one, y'all. i know there have been some headaches over the last year or so. we've really been going through it. i'm def not trying to make any excuses though and want everyone to be happy with what they ordered. i will say tho, i've had so much support from friends when it gets crazy, but day to day, all customer service, shipping, receiving, inventorying—it's all just me. so it can get kinda backed up sometimes (it is right now). we're bringing on more folks to help soon and gradually rebounding from the whole Awesome Merch fiasco. i can't express how much that knocked us completely on our ass tho. i think we're putting out some of the nicest, high quality, intentionally packaged records of any indie label our size currently despite all that. and i think we're gonna get things more organized and streamlined in the next few months. so, yeah, idk, i am rambling, but i just wanted to say thanks for bearing with us on some super annoying pre-orders. we'll definitely get things humming along again here shortly. 

oh! also! anyone getting the "Polaris Blue" variant and finding it doesn't look as intended. we're looking into how this happened as this isn't what we ordered. i was as suprised as any of you. here's some copy pasta i've sent a few people who have emailed to inquire about it:

tytyty

It actually looks really nice with the small amount of blue in there. Works really well with the cover. People emailing you to complain about it is pretty pathetic imo. 

57 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

It actually looks really nice with the small amount of blue in there. Works really well with the cover. People emailing you to complain about it is pretty pathetic imo. 

Yeah my A/C are a pretty nice color in color that matches the washed out cover fairly well so not upset. Side B/D are basically just white though because of how the white fades in.