PO NOW : Silverstein "Misery Made Me"

li0nel

Real talk.... just me or are vinyl variants going back to being pretty tame/boring? Side-affect of the vinyl delays? I.E. if you order something simple, it'll get done faster? I was starting to give up on rarity anyways, but honestly lots of records don't look appealing to me anymore. Don't need another clear w/ colors splatter. Order the UO version just because it matched the artwork sorta and was actually the cheapest for the US.

7 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Real talk.... just me or are vinyl variants going back to being pretty tame/boring? Side-affect of the vinyl delays? I.E. if you order something simple, it'll get done faster? I was starting to give up on rarity anyways, but honestly lots of records don't look appealing to me anymore. Don't need another clear w/ colors splatter. Order the UO version just because it matched the artwork sorta and was actually the cheapest for the US.

I was exactly having the same thoughts… not that sometimes a simple variant doesn’t fit the artwork, but now that vinyl is clearly on the rise, I believe bigger presses are killing the fun game, or maybe they are just cash grabbers 🥸

9 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

I think this is mostly true. Pressing plants aren’t trying to be creative or innovative with their new products, they’re just trying to get their 9 months of backlogged orders out the door before fucking Adele drops a new album. 😫

On 2/26/2022 at 6:27 PM, MCDELTAT said:

I really don't care anymore lol. I've been doing this long enough to be immune to the splatter/mush nonsense. 

On 2/26/2022 at 5:27 PM, MCDELTAT said:

Real talk.... just me or are vinyl variants going back to being pretty tame/boring? 

Yeah. I swear every single record pressed in the last two years has at least one of these variants. I don't mind them, and actually think the look pretty cool depending on the base color. But it gets boring... like anything else. I think I have 5 different releases from 2020-2021 with the same effect.

spacer.png

Edited by mitchard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Urban Outfitter has adjusted the date on their store page and emailed me saying this is now coming July 22, 2022. I now have 11 records on pre-order that think they are going to come 7/22 or 7/30. These dates mean nothing to me at this point as it seems pretty clear that plants are just spitballing all of this and will absolutely bump up a bigger release over others.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...