The Used - The Used 20th anniversary vinyl

/5000  milky clear/oxblood swirl  (theused.net exclusive) The Used Self Titled 20th Anniversary LP – The Used Shop

/5000  bone & oxblood split  (urban outfitters exclusive)  The Used - The Used Limited 2XLP | Urban Outfitters

/5000  milky clear w. oxblood splatter  (indie exclusive)  The Used The Used (2lp Milky Clear W Ox Blood Splatter Vinyl) | Bull M (bullmoose.com)

/750  translucent yellow cassette  (theused.net exclusive)  The Used Self Titled 20th Anniversary Cassette – The Used Shop

Edited by meatrocket8

43 minutes ago, theflightaway said:

Are we expecting this to pop up in more places? I am unfamiliar with Bull Moose. Just wondering if I should order now or wait.. hmm.. 

bull moose is great, but as it’s just a small regional independent chain I would imagine other indie spots will have this eventually too

Edited by blueeyesgetboring

very nice.  i assume the announcement from the used will come any day now.  the listing is calling it the 20th anniversary edition and including the b-side 'just a little' and looks like the art on the inside is different or maybe just has an extra insert for the 20thAE.  at least 5,000 copies pressed so they realize how many people want this and even that is low for this album.  also listed as an indie exclusive color so maybe there will be more?   it will also be withing just a couple weeks of being 20 years to the day that they first released it.  now this is vinyl done the correct way!

Edited by gutterball1

My bad, guys.  I think I summoned him.  Have a weekend trip with the lady coming up so I was trimming below the belt this evening.  I was in front of a mirror and there were at least 3 tugs to get the right angles.  I didn’t realize it was Candyman rules.  This one’s on me.  Sorry.

22 hours ago, SNEAKORDS said:

god I hate bullmoose. they don't ship to canada, and even if you have a PO box in the US, they don't accept non american credit cards and they don't use paypal or anything else. dinosaurs.

Paypal me and I can order it for you to your PO if you want? I wonder if you could get Bullmoose giftcards through 3rd party sites?

https://www.giftrocket.com/gift-card/bull-moose-brunswick

https://www.giftly.com/gift-card/bull-moose-brunswick

10 hours ago, phillybhatesme said:

I also asked another small shop about it and they confirmed RSD Essential and that he wouldn't be able to get it. 

what is it meant by an "RSD essential"?

because i tried looking it up and only found something like its a record that is recommended to have in your collection.

25 minutes ago, gutterball1 said:

what is it meant by an "RSD essential"?

because i tried looking it up and only found something like its a record that is recommended to have in your collection.

basically it's indie record store exclusive pressings put on by Record Store Day. so far it's nothing more than a new a variant of a record that's been put out before.

45 minutes ago, porkdad said:

basically it's indie record store exclusive pressings put on by Record Store Day. so far it's nothing more than a new a variant of a record that's been put out before.

ok.  its confusing to figure out because the rsd site lists this on 'rsd esstentials' page.  but there is a website just for rsd essentials but that site has 2 lists and calls some releases 'rsd essentials' and other releases "indie colorways" and this is listed on the colorways page.

some sites are calling it an rsd essential indie colorway exclusive too to add to the confusion.

8 hours ago, Coldplay31169 said:

If you liked good music you would have figured out what an RSD essential variant is last year. Between @gutterball1 and @meatrocket8 pondering the same thing I had to physically laugh out loud. Great thread.

im not sure why you cant do a simple explanation when something is this confusing.  from what im seeing there is rsd essential and indie colorway,  and that is what the confusion is from. 

if an RSD essential just like an RSD release (limited number, exclusive color, indie only) but released any day of the year instead of on RSD itself then ok i got it. 

but calling some rsd essentials indie colorway exclusives is confusing.  almost all vinyl these days have indie exclusive colorways so if this is just the indie colorway and they will be maybe releasing other colorways thru their webstore and general retail then why is it listed rsd esstentials?

so confusing.

On 3/5/2022 at 10:34 AM, tmfa80 said:

Does anyone know if this will also get a release in Europe or UK? None of the distros so far offer international shipping. TIA

my first thought was that this is just a indie colorway and there will probably be others like from the used webstore and general retail stores.  but this being listed as an rsd essential confuses me because i cant get a clean answer on what that means and the more research i try to do on it, the more confused i get. 

i cant figure out if these 5,000 are all there is or these 5,000 are just of this colorway.  looking at other releases called rsd essentials, it seems there is only 1 release but i cant imagine them making only 5,000 of these because its not just a simple repress as a different colorway.  its a new 20th anniversary edition with bonus track (so new plates probably were made to press this, or at least the side D plate) and it shows additional inner artwork/new picture sleeves.  so it seems too special to just do 5,000 indie copies.  but this was up on indie sites for like 5 days now and the used have not made any announcements.  the whole thing is just really confusing but i guess we will find out soon enough.

Edited by gutterball1