The Used - The Used 20th anniversary vinyl

2 hours ago, gutterball1 said:

im not sure why you cant do a simple explanation when something is this confusing.  from what im seeing there is rsd essential and indie colorway,  and that is what the confusion is from. 

if an RSD essential just like an RSD release (limited number, exclusive color, indie only) but released any day of the year instead of on RSD itself then ok i got it. 

but calling some rsd essentials indie colorway exclusives is confusing.  almost all vinyl these days have indie exclusive colorways so if this is just the indie colorway and they will be maybe releasing other colorways thru their webstore and general retail then why is it listed rsd esstentials?

so confusing.

It means this album isn't essential but they want to make more money off stupid people

lets try to figure this out... take a look at the hype sticker in the picture, it says

"20th anniversary edition, with bonus track just a little, indie exclusive limited to 5000"

...so that reads like the release itself is the indie exclusive as it does not say indie exclusive colorway.  so these 5,000 copies may really be all there is and there may not be any other colorways.  that would make some sense since it is listed as an rsd essential which looking at others rsde that were released do not seem to have other variants released at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone find it strange that the used have not mention this release yet.  its been on indie sites for almost a month now.  i also see its listed as a self released album which is strange because i thought reprise owned this music still.  but the 7-15 release date kicks off with their tour this year which i think is prob just a coincidence.

1 hour ago, gutterball1 said:

anyone find it strange that the used have not mention this release yet.  its been on indie sites for almost a month now.  i also see its listed as a self released album which is strange because i thought reprise owned this music still.  but the 7-15 release date kicks off with their tour this year which i think is prob just a coincidence.

I think it’s a bootleg.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/17/2022 at 10:55 AM, theflightaway said:

Ah, thank you for the update. I ordered this thru my local record store. They were able to find it in their distro system easily. I’ll have to give them a heads up next time I’m down there that I won’t expect to see it til December. 

edit: delay confirmed

Edited by gutterball1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...