Pro-Ject Phono Tube Amps

I currently use the Marantz PM6005’s internal Phono Stage, but I’m thinking about upgrading to separate phono tube amp.  I’ve been mainly looking at the Pro-Ject Phono DS2, but I’ve also heard similarly great things about the cheaper S2.

Curious if anyone here has any opinions or experience on either.  One thing I’m wondering is if the DS2 is overkill with my current set up: 

Pro-Ject X2 w/ Sumiko Moonstone, Marantz PM6005, Audio Monitor Bronze 2

There’s also the Vincent PHO-701, which also gets great reviews in a similar price range.  

I currently use the Vincent PHO-701 in one of my systems, and it's excellent. Can't say enough about it. The tube output warms up things beautifully. Excellent detail. Separate power supply to cut distortion. Plus, I've moved to moving coil cartridges,  and all the load/impedance option switches really let you dial in the sound. I've removed the 701 on a few occasions just to use the internal phono stages in amps, but I always end up putting it back.

• 3 weeks later...