Alexisonfire "Otherness" 3/11 11AM EST

Gotta agree, it's not great. There are a few fantastic tracks and then the rest feels like fuzzed out, 80s dad-rock with cringeworthy lyrics. So many people are praising Blue Spade and World Stops Turning, but those are some of my least favourite on the record. Also not a fan of the guitar solos. 

If they stuck with the same formula as they did with tracks like Familiar Drugs, Conditional Love, Survivor's Guilt, Committed to the Con, then it would feel like a natural progression for the band. But with the other tracks sprinkled in, it feels like all of the worst parts of their side projects rolled into one. 

Still, I'm glad they're back and it brings me great joy to see them enjoying themselves again. 

I didn't expect to see this opinion so solidly here. I really love this album. I think the vocal performances are strong and they still have some forceful aggression in their sound. To me it seems like a natural progression and really not that different than I expected, especially considering it's been 13 years since the last. I am very, very happy with this record. But I can appreciate that for others it is no Watch Out.

Although maybe I'm just thankful after hearing the shit that other bands like Underoath are putting out after their reunions, yikes. 

11 minutes ago, backpackoat said:

Although maybe I'm just thankful after hearing the shit that other bands like Underoath are putting out after their reunions, yikes. 

I haven’t listened to this new AOF and can’t imagine feeling compelled to do so anytime soon, but… does it have the same mom is working late, so I don’t have to put my allowance in the swear jar when I’m on Xbox Live after school today 😈 energy that Underoath tapped into on that last album?

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I haven’t listened to this new AOF and can’t imagine feeling compelled to do so anytime soon, but… does it have the same mom is working late, so I don’t have to put my allowance in the swear jar when I’m on Xbox Live after school today 😈 energy that Underoath tapped into on that last album?

Hey dude, can you let me know which ones are sold out?