Vinyl mount opinions?

3 minutes ago, Billich0986 said:

I prefer the aesthetic of turning my vinyl into decorative bowls, and cutting up the jackets to use as coasters. 

I use mine as dinner plates and pair the genres of music to the meal so I can listen to it in my head

4 hours ago, Purple Buffalo said:

Saw some posts about vinyl hanging mounts so I figured I would show mine. I have had these for years and personally I think they are the best option. What do you guys think?

Nothing I love more than making records even more of a pain in the ass to listen to.

22 hours ago, Purple Buffalo said:

Saw some posts about vinyl hanging mounts so I figured I would show mine. I have had these for years and personally I think they are the best option. What do you guys think? 

spacer.png

fc676e637f0828bd5dbedc71e7bfc0df.jpg

592a8cc1c8adaddc688c00251c5c9853.jpg

Personally I think these are not the best sadly. You could have done this so much cheaper and more better looking with tacks from Staples. You put on tack in each of the four corners of the record. When you want to listen to it, you pop off the tack and "BOOM" you have access to your record. 

Personally I think you should check out Staples for some tacks they might even have a sale right now?

On 3/15/2022 at 9:56 AM, crossedoutname said:

I use mine as dinner plates and pair the genres of music to the meal so I can listen to it in my head

Haha, in my old apt I actually kinda did this with extra sleeves I got from rev. I didn’t have an eating surface, just a leather bench I used as a coffee table. Put them in glass frames i had laying around and would I pull them out when I needed to. 

If I had the time and effort (and mounting supplies) I'd mount four copies of the Rushmore Soundtrack. There are only two variants, but once two more inevitably come out (likely picture discs on RSD's 2024 and 2029 for the 25th and 30th anniversaries, respectively) I can have a Mount Rushmore of Mounted Rushmore variants... I'd probably use permanent mounts so that they can't be removed, but then I'd have to rush out and get more Rushmore soundtracks and then maybe if I have more Rush records I could mount more Rush records next to my Mount Rushmore of Rushmore records (which are mounted as you may recall).