Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies 20th anniversary

48 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

Do you spend your entire day looking for preorders to post on here or are the rumors true and you are actually a bot?

And how does this band continue to get away with pretending to be Irish?

StOp pOsTiNg aBoUt rECorDs oN ThEsE bOaRdS!

Edited by meatrocket8

43 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

Do you spend your entire day looking for preorders to post on here or are the rumors true and you are actually a bot?

Not just any pre-order links; only the finest dogshit and nostalgia-core.  To be fair though, he has introduced me to some new bands that I hadn’t heard of, and now know I can completely dismiss.

32 minutes ago, meatrocket8 said:

Nobody is saying that.

I think people are just amazed that you're never not looking at a computer screen. It's like, hey, leave some robo-pussy for the rest of us, cool guy.

10 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Nobody is saying that.

I think people are just amazed that you're never not looking at a computer screen. It's like, hey, leave some robo-pussy for the rest of us, cool guy.

My brain instantly went to robitussin pussy when reading that now I miss being a teenager.

Also to be fair he's just stealing all these links that aren't SRC from Reddit. If he posts something you can almost always find it just posted on r/vinylreleases like 5 minutes earlier. Anyone using VC for this link service he's providing can cut him out and just get notifications for that sub.

2 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Nobody is saying that.

Hm... accounts with 11k-20k posts bullying someone with 2.7k posts about spending too much time online when he's actually helping people out. Interesting... 😆

season 10 GIF

4 hours ago, meatrocket8 said:

Irish Flag Splatter limited to 1,000.

https://sideonedummy.com/products/flogging-molly-drunken-lullabies-lp-cd

There are still copies of the black re-press from last year as well.

Thanks for your efforts with the preorders, really appreciated. I know I speak for others who don't post as often.

Cheers! 🤘

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

13 hours ago, meatrocket8 said:

Nothing wrong with it. I have just noticed that most of the time when I see a post bumped, it’s you posting a PO link.

13 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Not just any pre-order links; only the finest dogshit and nostalgia-core.  To be fair though, he has introduced me to some new bands that I hadn’t heard of, and now know I can completely dismiss.

I was going to ask if they are a “bot (with questionable music taste)” but decided I would be a bit nicer about it. After the robot’s silly response to me, I realize I should have added that.

13 hours ago, Coldplay31169 said:

My brain instantly went to robitussin pussy when reading that now I miss being a teenager.

Also to be fair he's just stealing all these links that aren't SRC from Reddit. If he posts something you can almost always find it just posted on r/vinylreleases like 5 minutes earlier. Anyone using VC for this link service he's providing can cut him out and just get notifications for that sub.

Oh that actually makes a lot of sense. I was wondering how the fuck they are getting all of those links.

11 hours ago, MrScorpio said:

Hm... accounts with 11k-20k posts bullying someone with 2.7k posts about spending too much time online when he's actually helping people out. Interesting... 😆

season 10 GIF

Even between my old account that got deleted and this one, I don’t have anywhere near that amount of posts. Hell, in 2 years you have almost commented as much as I have in 6. 

42 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

Even between my old account that got deleted and this one, I don’t have anywhere near that amount of posts. Hell, in 2 years you have almost commented as much as I have in 6. 

He was talking about me. It used to be easy to rack up a high post count by chatting with friends on here in the small talk thread or actually talking about music with people who cared about listening to their records more than just collecting the latest small-run variants.

8 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

He was talking about me. It used to be easy to rack up a high post count by chatting with friends on here in the small talk thread or actually talking about music with people who cared about listening to their records more than just collecting the latest small-run variants.

Kinda reminds me of the karma thing on the really old VC boards. I ran a script on my account and put it up to like 20K or something, lol

2 minutes ago, meatrocket8 said:

"You should discuss records with us." LOL

No thanks.

Step 1 is establishing some tastes that aren't stuck 15 years in the past.

Step 2 is finding a way to overcome your social anxieties.  Just because you're afraid of real-world interactions doesn't mean that you have to shy away with web-based ones.

If you spent some time overcoming those obstacles I bet you wouldn't be harassed by all us big-bad VC bullies.  Or alternatively, I guess, continue to rehash trash tier pop-punk pre-orders and get mad when people give you shit for it.

2 minutes ago, meatrocket8 said:

"You should discuss records with us." LOL

No thanks.

Literally no one said that. You make 3 types of posts. Links, shipping notifications, and pressing numbers. It's fucking strange. We could easily replace you with an actual bot that grabs links from that sub and nothing would change.

It'd be easier to program an actual bot, too.  I had to condition this one by shaming one of his "do we have press numbers?" posts just to get him to drop those inquiries altogether.  It's too much work for 1 pseudo-bot.  Just give us a control panel and on-off preference switches.  With all the ads being spammed on VC these days, you'd think we could afford it.

28 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

I think the issue is that certain members are clearly cyber-bullying the guy and he isn't the only one to experience such from certain members of this group... The fact that they're being so shitty towards someone who actually posts pre-orders on forum where people post pre-orders is absolutely ridiculous. "MaI pREordeeRS ArE FAAr SupEriOr TO Your PreOrdERRRz! BAH!"

It's mostly just 2-3 self-entitled shitheads that think they own the place. It's not amusing to anyone but perhaps that small circle of jerks. Pun absolutely intended. I've put those clowns on block so I don't see their dumb little snarky comments on nearly every post and get baited in to another flame war. That works for me but holy shit some of the stuff that goes on here is absolutely childish.

We have moderators that lock threads but no moderators that prevent these 2-3 clowns from being arrogant jerks and ganging up on people on these forums? Why in the fuck would I want to "discuss vinyl" with any of them if they're just going to be snobbish tribalists about literally every sincle post that goes on here? I'm not here for them. I'm here for pre-orders. Maybe they can form their own little toxic tribe on facebook groups where they can say negative things about every vinyl ever released and create an otherwise toxic environment for just themselves instead of dragging these entire forums down with them.

comic book guy GIF

Or maybe people interested in pre-orders can form their own facebook groups and let these clowns have their circus. Either way, i think the forums suffer if posting pre-orders is going to get someone harassed and bullied by a small but VERY insufferable group of elitist snobs.

I look forward to not reading the inevitable idiotic responses that follow from those specific 2-3 cyber bullies.

• jhulud locked this topic