Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies 20th anniversary

1 hour ago, MrScorpio said:

I think the issue is that certain members are clearly cyber-bullying the guy and he isn't the only one to experience such from certain members of this group... The fact that they're being so shitty towards someone who actually posts pre-orders on forum where people post pre-orders is absolutely ridiculous. "MaI pREordeeRS ArE FAAr SupEriOr TO Your PreOrdERRRz! BAH!"

So I'm not trying to "call you out," or be a dick by saying this, but its really obvious you haven't been on the forum very long or else you're a troll. There are people here who have been on the forum for a decade plus listening to and discussing music with each other

The user you're defending comes off as the human equivalent of those old "FIRST!" comments on youtube. It took significant effort to even get him to post links to POs rather than just posting "X record is up for preorder," and then not posting anything or posting some weird facebook or twitter link that often didn't even link to the PO.

Ā 

It's mostly just 2-3 self-entitled shitheads that think they own the place. It's not amusing to anyone but perhaps that small circle of jerks. Pun absolutely intended. I've put those clowns on block so I don't see their dumb little snarky comments on nearly every post and get baited in to another flame war. That works for me but holy shit some of the stuff that goes on here is absolutely childish.

What you're complaining about is tame as fuck. They're giving this dude the tiniest bit of shit so he changes his behavior which isn't typically in line with what the forum is, or historically has been. The "Vinyl Collective" actually used to actually put out records, so there was a lot of discussion about what to press, how it came out, all that. Having someone just pop in, post stuff that like 5 people give a shit about, and then never make any sort of effort to talk about the music with anyone is...weird and anti-social. It's like if I called you up randomly, told you the weather, and just hung up. That's it, that's all the interaction we ever had. It's weird.

Ā 

We have moderators that lock threads but no moderators that prevent these 2-3 clowns from being arrogant jerks and ganging up on people on these forums? Why in the fuck would I want to "discuss vinyl" with any of them if they're just going to be snobbish tribalists about literally every sincle post that goes on here? I'm not here for them. I'm here for pre-orders. Maybe they can form their own little toxic tribe on facebook groups where they can say negative things about every vinyl ever released and create an otherwise toxic environment for just themselves instead of dragging these entire forums down with them.

The mods really don't lock stuff unless it gets personal. The only reason these "clowns" seem arrogant is because people here are (or at least used to) be into music, often very involved in their local music scene, working with bands, listening to and discussing music, and suggesting new stuff to people - not just listening to the same shitty pop-punk garbage they listened to 20 years ago. I listen to that same garbage too still, but I'm not out here grabbing a bunch of PO links off reddit and then never interacting with anyone. If you really want just PO links, head on over to r/vinylreleases. They have you covered. This forum was here discussing music and ripping on people long before either of you came around, so if that's not what you're into, you already made some great suggestions for what you can do.

Ā 

Or maybe people interested in pre-orders can form their own facebook groups and let these clowns have their circus. Either way, i think the forums suffer if posting pre-orders is going to get someone harassed and bullied by a small but VERY insufferable group of elitist snobs.

You got it right in the first part. This is a community where people have always discussed music. It's not as hardcore into the production side of things as SteveHoffman forum, but we chat, make fun of each other and fuck around. It has certainly drifted in the past few years, but I used to play video games with a bunch of these dudes even though I've never met most of them, and I have met up with at least a handful of people from these forums, befriending some of them. It has never really been a place "just for pre-orders," and I think that is the part you're not understanding. Again, reddit works great for that, or you can always just lurk.

Ā 

I look forward to not reading the inevitable idiotic responses that follow from those specific 2-3 cyber bullies.

I mean...ok?

• jhulud locked this topic