Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies 20th anniversary

Randy summed up what I was planning to write later tonight or tomorrow – a no meme, genuine response on what's happening vs. what the skewed perception is.  There's a lot of accusations of seniority and elitism that get thrown around these days.  (And it's definitely fun/ny to lean into those, sometimes.)  But if you can't tell the difference between what went down on page 1 of this thread, and - say - one of us browsing sale threads and posting "lol great, another pandemic collector.  This is all trash.  Just quit this hobby you fucking casual"... I mean, I don't really know what to tell you.  The same people being accused of bullying or acting as part of a toxic tribe are also the same ones who've actively participated in MUSIC discussions over the last decade.  (Stop yourself right now and realize this is different from seniority.  Think critically for once in your life and realize that's entirely separate from what I'm saying here.)

Like Randy said, there are already sources and platforms to be spoon-fed PO links.  Reddit and Facebook groups come to mind instantly.  But VC has generally been about more than just that, and a lot of the "old-timer" members know that.  If you don't understand that, or don't like it, that's perfectly cool... but with that, your ignorance comes at the cost of being able to use terms like circle jerk or toxic tribe.  You forfeit those when you're too fucking dense to realize the heart of VC has always been the community and the discussions.  Not the SRC links.

I'm not gonna' keep rambling because at this point I'm just repackaging everything Randy took the time to convey an hour ago.  I'm only writing this to dispel the bullshit notion that any of us are actively opposed to newcomers discussing music.  I think it's cool to see discussions on artists and new releases – especially if they're relevant to me, but even if they're not my cup of tea – and that's absolutely not coming from Wasda or the folks that generally gravitate to his threads.  Which is why nothing of any value is lost when topics like this one go off the rails.  Moreover, I think it's complete bullshit to perpetuate this idea that myself and several other VC old timers get off by shitting on anyone who's enthusiastic about bands we don't like.  Couldn't be further from the truth, and I hate the idea of a guest potentially seeing some MrSchizo rant and having it shy them away from joining and partaking on the boards, for fear of VC vets dismantling their tastes or whatever.  That's nonsense and needs to stop.

19 hours ago, MrScorpio said:

teen wolf 80s GIF

Me going out to celebrate St Patrick's Day knowing VC panties are in a bunch for getting called out for bullying someone who posts preorders on a vinyl preorder forum. 😆

You going out to celebrate saint Patrick’s day says all we really need to know about you 

On 3/18/2022 at 10:22 AM, Coldplay31169 said:

Hey look Matthew actually does think it's funny to be an online bully and make personal attacks at random people. You're fucking insane 😂

Out of curiosity, do you think dropping my actual name offends me or something? You can keep saying im a basement dwelling neck beard- we both know that isn’t true, until recently you’ve inexplicably stalked me on social media and know I live on the road with my dogs half the year and in Oregon the other half, but hey baby, whatever gets you off. I am never worried about whether or not  my life is better than yours. The hate boner you have for me is kind of hilarious, good to know if I need a place to crash I live rent free in your head 😂

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

4 hours ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Out of curiosity, do you think dropping my actual name offends me or something? You can keep saying im a basement dwelling neck beard- we both know that isn’t true, until recently you’ve inexplicably stalked me on social media and know I live on the road with my dogs half the year and in Oregon the other half, but hey baby, whatever gets you off. I am never worried about whether or not  my life is better than yours. The hate boner you have for me is kind of hilarious, good to know if I need a place to crash I live rent free in your head 😂

Shut up you bi-polar retard

On 3/17/2022 at 2:03 PM, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

spacer.png

Ok Beavis, that's a pretty long winded way of justifying toxic behavior by saying "Boys will be boys. 🤷‍♂️ or  "MAi MuziKZ iS bEtTeR ThaN uR MUzikZ!" 😆 Try not to sound so much like a group of frat boys attempting to justify last weekend's gang-rape.

Funny thing is, you have a specific clown in these forums who:

-changes his account name with the sole purpose of trolling and harassing members

-dishes out cringe insults from two decades ago that highlight his own age, ignorance, and bigotry

-literally can't *not" respond to a post by someone he doesn't like (so easy to troll the guy)

-cyber-stalks members of the board that he has disagreements with (which are plenty)

Yet when someone gives these clowns a taste of their own medicine, you little pussies can't handle it and cry to your little JHULUD Admin to block threads or block said member from posting while the abusive clowns who consider themselves "elite members" of the forum carry on with toxic tribalism and cyber-bullying in 2022.  Guilt by association is a thing.

FYI, just because a person doesn't post often doesn't mean they are new to the boards. All of us lurkers know how cringe the behavior of some of the "core" members of this forum are and believe me people talk outside these boards... this is a publically accessible place after all.

In any case, much of this response is in regards to one or two members specifically. I understand where you are coming from, I don't agree with it at all, I'd rather see someone posting links to pre-orders rather than being an arrogant self-entitled douchenozzle who only responds with negativity, but I understand your perspective, Mr Macho Man Randy Savage.  I have no beef with you overall, I just thought it was fucking hilarious that someone with nearly 20k posts criticized someone else using these exact words, I'm gonna call that ironoy out every single time:

"I think people are just amazed that you're never not looking at a computer screen. It's like, hey, leave some robo-pussy for the rest of us, cool guy. "

In any case, pretty damn funny watching a certain someone or two flip out when all I did was react to a few posts while I was blocked from responding.  I just stand out of the way and let the clowns reveal their circus.. 😆🤡

The guy who made the comment about us living rent-free in a certain someone's head is absolutely spot-on. 😆

share discover GIF

Worth calling out is that even after the swirl of this thread from last weekend, it remained dead and quiet since Sunday.  In general, actually, I'd say that VC was calm and cohesive this past week.  Imagine my complete and utter shock at seeing this topic bumped the moment babby's ban was lifted for throwing a temper tantrum.

I know you lack reading comprehension and the ability to think critically, Scorp, so I'm going to break it down for you and keep it super simple: there was no actual bullying in this thread.  A fellow VC old-timer – without a staggering post count – asked a genuine question about our resident spam bot.  It blew a fuse and got defensive, so a couple of us stepped in to weigh in on that.   Since you seem so fixated on post counts (being the first thing you mentioned when throwing in your 2¢ on page 1), I would actually say that a member with 2.7k posts was the one bullying someone with ~360.  That's when Randy stepped in, followed by the rest of us.

We all dropped some posts that you didn't agree with.  (Despite, y'know, you allegedly saying that you have us all blocked.)  You could've handled that in a number of ways.  Not that I was expecting you to turn the other cheek or take it to private messages, but you could have at least kept that bullshit back-forth isolated to this thread.  I think we all would've been fine with your signature brand of low effort gifs, and repeated displays of zero brain cells if you had confined your meltdown to just 1 thread, where it was not necessarily welcomed, but at least relevant.

But what happened instead?

Lil' baby Scorp shit his undies, waddling off into multiple threads to cry and scream.  Threads you've never once contributed to, or for artists you have zero interest in.  That's cringe.  That's why you're a shitter and will always be a shitter.  You got so flustered and upset that your arguments are less than worthless in this topic, that you tried to go around and smear us in other discussions.  No one wants to read your bullshit in this thread; what makes you think other users want to read it in completely unrelated ones?  Have a little empathy you fucking socio-dunce.

That's why you got suspended.  Not because we're all some tightly knit toxic tribe that shuns or bullies outsiders with shit tastes or few posts.  But because you're a walking meme that eats out of our hands, and lacks the self-awareness to realize you're the exact joke we all make.  The schizo who can't keep a lid on, and has full-blown meltdowns when he gets flustered.  All while pretending that we're on his block list, but actually living so rent-free in his head that he can't help but spam unrelated threads with his personal beef.

tl;dr – VC is better off without you and the last week has proven that.  You're oblivious to what the real issues are, and always will be.  I hope you lose your cool again and get suspended for even longer.  Until then, cry more or fuck off entirely.

1 hour ago, MrScorpio said:

Ok Beavis, that's a pretty long winded way of justifying toxic behavior by saying "Boys will be boys. 🤷‍♂️ or  "MAi MuziKZ iS bEtTeR ThaN uR MUzikZ!" 😆 Try not to sound so much like a group of frat boys attempting to justify last weekend's gang-rape.

Funny thing is, you have a specific clown in these forums who:

-changes his account name with the sole purpose of trolling and harassing members

-dishes out cringe insults from two decades ago that highlight his own age, ignorance, and bigotry

-literally can't *not" respond to a post by someone he doesn't like (so easy to troll the guy)

-cyber-stalks members of the board that he has disagreements with (which are plenty)

Yet when someone gives these clowns a taste of their own medicine, you little pussies can't handle it and cry to your little JHULUD Admin to block threads or block said member from posting while the abusive clowns who consider themselves "elite members" of the forum carry on with toxic tribalism and cyber-bullying in 2022.  Guilt by association is a thing.

FYI, just because a person doesn't post often doesn't mean they are new to the boards. All of us lurkers know how cringe the behavior of some of the "core" members of this forum are and believe me people talk outside these boards... this is a publically accessible place after all.

In any case, much of this response is in regards to one or two members specifically. I understand where you are coming from, I don't agree with it at all, I'd rather see someone posting links to pre-orders rather than being an arrogant self-entitled douchenozzle who only responds with negativity, but I understand your perspective, Mr Macho Man Randy Savage.  I have no beef with you overall, I just thought it was fucking hilarious that someone with nearly 20k posts criticized someone else using these exact words, I'm gonna call that ironoy out every single time:

In any case, pretty damn funny watching a certain someone or two flip out when all I did was react to a few posts while I was blocked from responding.  I just stand out of the way and let the clowns reveal their circus.. 😆🤡

The guy who made the comment about us living rent-free in a certain someone's head is absolutely spot-on. 😆

share discover GIF

What's hilarious is you're now a liberal cuck because I said retard. Cry more. And yes Randy's hypocrisy is gross I agree.

• jhulud locked this topic