PO: Arcade Fire - WE (Out May 6th)

23 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

What is the biggest wince moment for ya’ll on EN?  That’s the real juicy question.  I’m not sure if it’s Regina’s vocals on the chorus of Electric Blue or maybe the lyrics to Chemistry.  Peter Pan is so unbelievably goofy that it actually kind of won me over with its absurdity.

Definitely Chemistry... I remember so clearly listening to EN on the first day it came out and just being shocked that AF actually made a song like that. For me everything they had ever done up until that point was pure gold, including Reflektor which has some rough spots for me personally (hctnt, normal person). Peter Pan took literally years for me to get used to, that's being followed by the awful Chemistry and that by esentially half a song that has been divided into 2 songs, basically giving you 2 one-quarter songs, followed by the weakest single...

God God Damn after that is amazing. But just the entire middle section of the album being so dull has kept me from ever listening to the album in it's entirety again since 2017, which is something I would have never expected to happen from one of my 3 favourite bands. That album was genuinely heart breaking for me.

Wildly nice improvement over white.  With the center label, that mock-up looks like the eye on the cover. 👁 Awesome.  Shame it’ll be tricky to track down in the US though.  Sites like Norman Records - one of my favorites for imports - confirmed they were not offered to sell brown copies, so their exclusive is white.

20 minutes ago, Vega said:

In the UK its exclusive to Amazon and not available in indie stores, as Germany have it as their Indie exclusive i guess it might be something that shows up in the US as exclusive to Target or something like that!

14 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Gotta' say that out of nowhere, for me, Neon Bible has really clicked more than usual in the last 5 years or so.  No idea what happened.  Always thought it was good / decent but I'd place it way higher on a list.  (I'm lousy at lists.)

Dude, yes. Neon Bible is full of bangers. Not sure if it is just on this site, or if it is widely less liked but I love that album and always have. Suburbs lost me and I never got into Reflektor either unfortunately. S/T EP and Funeral are still great too of course.

14 hours ago, Derek™ said:

What is the biggest wince moment for ya’ll on EN?  That’s the real juicy question.  I’m not sure if it’s Regina’s vocals on the chorus of Electric Blue or maybe the lyrics to Chemistry.  Peter Pan is so unbelievably goofy that it actually kind of won me over with its absurdity.

Electric Blue by far. best song on that record.

44 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

biggest wince for me is Peter Pan. 

That's a fair pick.  The instrumental break after the chorus in that song is super annoying, even after all this time.

Regarding that UK "indie" variant: it looks like they color-corrected the eye on the cover to match the vinyl.  It seems especially noticeable if you compare it to the actual art that was circulating yesterday.  If that's the real deal, I think it's pretty cool.  And makes me wish that other countries would get a marbled blue / turquoise, or a green-yellow, or any other colors that the eye reflects from the "OG" art.  I think there's purple, blue, green, and yellow in there.

48 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Regarding that UK "indie" variant: it looks like they color-corrected the eye on the cover to match the vinyl.  It seems especially noticeable if you compare it to the actual art that was circulating yesterday.  If that's the real deal, I think it's pretty cool.  And makes me wish that other countries would get a marbled blue / turquoise, or a green-yellow, or any other colors that the eye reflects from the "OG" art.  I think there's purple, blue, green, and yellow in there.

Yeah the listing on Resident for the white vinyl says that version is in an alternative sleeve.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

That's a fair pick.  The instrumental break after the chorus in that song is super annoying, even after all this time.

I feel like we're gonna see some more color corrected eye variants and I'm all for it. It'd be funny if they made rarer eye colors rarer variants. 

Dunno if anyone noticed but it looks like the two color variants (white / brown) have a different center label than the standard too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...