Machine Gun Kelly - Mainstream Sellout

29 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Can someone please explain to me what MGK's schtick is?

Making early 00's pop-punk for people who haven't listened to new music in over a decade or pop-punk since that era. His fans think he's groundbreaking and a revivalist. To me they're all stuck in the past. Dude is generally hated by rock/metal fans (Slipknot and Corey Taylor feud) and rap fans (Eminem feud) and uses the publicity to his advantage. He also has a major label backing him and pumping money into everything he does. I highly doubt he was a main draw for a lot of the rock festivals he played last year.

19 hours ago, N8TRU said:

Making early 00's pop-punk for people who haven't listened to new music in over a decade or pop-punk since that era. His fans think he's groundbreaking and a revivalist. To me they're all stuck in the past. Dude is generally hated by rock/metal fans (Slipknot and Corey Taylor feud) and rap fans (Eminem feud) and uses the publicity to his advantage. He also has a major label backing him and pumping money into everything he does. I highly doubt he was a main draw for a lot of the rock festivals he played last year.

People keep saying this but I just don't hear it. Admittedly I only gave basically 2-3 songs a quick listen, including this new one. When I think that era I think NFG, Blink, Sugarcult, Jimmy Eat World, etc.

5 hours ago, derkwithano said:

People keep saying this but I just don't hear it. Admittedly I only gave basically 2-3 songs a quick listen, including this new one. When I think that era I think NFG, Blink, Sugarcult, Jimmy Eat World, etc.

Tickets To My Downfall is seriously just the crappiest Blink record they never recorded.