PO: Built to Spill - When the Wind Forgets Your Name

spacer.png

Standard black, limited green/clear/whatever “Loser Edition” from Sub Pop and Bandcamp, and now the purple from Vinyl Me, Please. Shipping early September.

Black and green:

https://megamart.subpop.com/products/built-to-spill_when-the-wind-forgets-your-name?variant=39467466358880

https://built-to-spill.bandcamp.com/album/when-the-wind-forgets-your-name

Purple:

https://www.vinylmeplease.com/products/built-to-spill-when-the-wind-forgets-your-name?variant=39757524795482

Edited by Bronchitis

20 minutes ago, Trimm_Trabb said:

This is pretty exciting. I hope Sub Pop reissues the back catalog. I still need a couple of the harder to find titles. 

Might be hard if Doug doesn’t own the rights and WB hang on to them. They are pretty good about pressing their stuff though. I wasn’t aware that anything besides Live is hard to find.

5 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Yeah...I put off buying There Is No Enemy for too long unfortunately and refuse to pay the going rate for it.

Oh, what the hell? I skipped over that one when looking at Discogs prices and had no idea it was going for that much these days.

1 minute ago, Bronchitis said:

Oh, what the hell? I skipped over that one when looking at Discogs prices and had no idea it was going for that much these days.

Yeah dude, its laaaame. I remember passing on it a bunch of times for like $16-20 figuring it'd just hang around forever.

It's unfortunately the only one I don't have that I "need." I don't have an Ultimate Alternative Wavers either, but I don't particularly love that album.

2 minutes ago, Coldplay31169 said:

UAW is top 3 thoughhhhh 

So I mentioned it with the last album but here's yet another song about not remembering anything and losing your mind. I hope Dug is ok.

Album writeup has me hella hyped to hear the rest though.

I think you were the one who hooked me up with a green copy of that years ago since I didn’t get lucky and find one locally. That album is great.

I actually remember you mentioning that in the thread for the last album and was thinking about it when I listened to the song. I sat next to Doug while Sam Coomes was opening for him at a bar last June and he seemed good, but who knows.

5 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

I think you were the one who hooked me up with a green copy of that years ago since I didn’t get lucky and find one locally. That album is great.

I actually remember you mentioning that in the thread for the last album and was thinking about it when I listened to the song. I sat next to Doug while Sam Coomes was opening for him at a bar last June and he seemed good, but who knows.

Not me someone in the PNW also helped me there with a green copy but I'll take the credit since I sold someone my gold copy for cost after that person who got the green copy taxed me AFTER saying he'd grab one 🙄

But yeah I'm trying not to freak out since he says all his lyrics don't mean anything (cop out haha) but they're sooooo in your face here.

On 4/12/2022 at 10:09 AM, Coldplay31169 said:

Not me someone in the PNW also helped me there with a green copy but I'll take the credit since I sold someone my gold copy for cost after that person who got the green copy taxed me AFTER saying he'd grab one 🙄

Weird, must have been someone else on here from Florida. Been too long to remember. 

16 hours ago, kjkenney said:

New song is faaantastic. Can't believe it's been so long since their last album. Cover art is funky, but has the cover art ever really been THAT great for BTS albums? 

I really like the PFNO cover but am probably biased since it’s my favorite album of all time. I also like the Live cover and some of the 7”s but yeah, I’ve never thought about how mediocre their album covers are and agree with you there.