New Found Glory "Sticks and Stones" repress (Last Chance) 7/1/22 12pm EST

3 hours ago, glass realms said:

so they removed all mention of Steve Klein from this new pressing? does he even get credit on playing on the record?

Actually there aren't even any credits listed on the album. Gatefold opens to the lyrics and no printed inner sleeve. So, ya, they kinda did, haha!

My repress came in today. Probably the best sounding of the 3. Doesn't have the extra tracks (Anniversary and the hidden track) like the 2012 pressing does, and that one has pretty noticeable inner groove distortion. I think that helps this one a bit. 

I though the mock up looked horrible for the new variants, but honestly it matches the look of the album art pretty well!

spacer.png

56 minutes ago, heyjoespin said:

Did anyone receive a copy without a variant sticker on it? I ordered one of each variant, one had the sticker, the other didn't. I emailed the label and they said they ran out of stickers and check the barcode. The barcode is on the sticker lol 

I mean, you can open it and check?

The bigger cringe is that our man Joe could open one and - with a pretty comfortable level of assurance - determine what the remaining sealed copy contains.  Unless you’re looking to flip both, why would anyone need 2 sealed copies of a NFG record?  I get maybe vinyl tourists and newbie collectors wanting 1 copy to frame or gift to their better half, but I’m really wondering how one may justify 2.  (Outside of eBay or Discogs resale.)

lol at all the salt here. Not that I have to justify anything to any of you, but for albums I love I try to own 1 of each variant. I like collecting physical music from bands that I love and I keep the majority of them sealed. Because I'm a collector. The records aren't on my wall and my better half would rather me buy her a bag. 

Here's my discogs - 100% buyer rating, 0 seller rating because I haven't sold anything, nor do I have any intention to - https://www.discogs.com/user/heyjoespin Happy to also share my ebay account to see 100% buyer feedback, nothing sold. Or my reddit posts looking to buy records. Or search my profile here. 

Hope everyone had a wonderful Monday and did something positive! 

33 minutes ago, heyjoespin said:

lol at all the salt here. Not that I have to justify anything to any of you, but for albums I love I try to own 1 of each variant. I like collecting physical music from bands that I love and I keep the majority of them sealed. Because I'm a collector. The records aren't on my wall and my better half would rather me buy her a bag. 

Here's my discogs - 100% buyer rating, 0 seller rating because I haven't sold anything, nor do I have any intention to - https://www.discogs.com/user/heyjoespin Happy to also share my ebay account to see 100% buyer feedback, nothing sold. Or my reddit posts looking to buy records. Or search my profile here. 

this is the weirdest thing ive ever heard of, but you do you man

1 hour ago, heyjoespin said:

No need to get extreme with it; no one is asking for a background check here.  It’s just a weird inquiry on account of a weird approach to consuming vinyl, so you’re getting to get some weird replies.

But while we’re on the subject and I can’t be the only one who’s curious… if you keep everything sealed, how do you actually know you’re getting what you ordered?  And not the wrong variant?  Or a black copy?  Or a completely different album?  Which absolutely does happen, and has been reported by VCers over the years.

Or that there’s no major defect like an off-center label or a record that’s scratched to hell?  Like I know you’re not playing them, but even if you’re only getting off on saying you own the vinyl, wouldn’t you want it to be playable?  And potentially sellable down the road, if you decided that you didn’t want to own multiple copies of a sealed record you’d never spin?  I’m just wondering what the endgame may be, assuming you’re not intending to be buried with a stack of records that may or may not contain the music you think they do.

1 hour ago, rrd said:

this is the weirdest thing ive ever heard of, but you do you man

i think i read that like 75% of vinyl collectors don't play them.  i know many people who collect without a turntable.  as for me, i'd like to open them and give them a inaugural spin but i rarely have the time or place to play them.  99% of me listening to music is mp3 in my car.

1 hour ago, heyjoespin said:

Okay, you got me to click this.

You own 3 copies of Thursday’s Full Collapse (Live), with 2 copies being the white variant?  And 4 copies of the same variant for a Christmas themed album from Train?

If this isn’t a troll account – get help.

Edited by Derek™

If I had the malice, time, energy, and access to one of those DIY cellophane re-sealers… I would legitimately sell you a “mint” copy of that Thursday album in your wantlist.  Just throw it on Discogs with the option to take offers, and accept only yours.  It would bring me great amusement to know someone out there would be stoked to throw down ~$100 or more for a gatefold stuffed with 12” freebie fodder, and would never be the wiser.

• 2 weeks later...
  • INRIhab changed the title to New Found Glory "Sticks and Stones" repress (Last Chance) 7/1/22 12pm EST