Thursday - Full Collapse Live

3 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

The real takeaway from this, folks. Please don't use your phone while driving.

Also a great illustration of why I personally dislike meatrocket's posts. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he is this board's equivalent of a "First comment!" post on youtube/whatever social media you're on.

Additionally, this board is a fucking cesspool for about the last year or more. I don't blame the mods necessarily because I know they do their best for the most part, but there need to be more than 2 fucking mods for the 30000+ registered users on this forum.

If you dislike a post why bother commenting an asshole remarks on it? It makes my eyes roll out of my head every time I have to read a snarky Derek comment on here as much as a spam bot post makes his eyes roll and makes him be an asshole troll, so why can he do that but nobody else? 

…Or did you want a legitimate answer?  If you truly read all threads like you claim to, you’d know that I’m not the only one who busts our bot’s nuts over his low-effort “first!” threads.  Anyone is welcome to, I definitely do not and should not have a monopoly on that.

At the end of the day, this is a forum.  I’m not speaking for the entirety of its users; I’m pointing out that it is literally a discussion board.  If you’re interested in strictly links and announcements for vinyl, consider a Facebook, Twitter, or Reddit feed for new vinyl drops.  (Be warned though: discussions occur on those platforms too.)  Saying that you’re not really interested in discussions here on VC tells me that you’re probably not spending your time on the right site – and also begs the question; why are you engaging in one right now?  Why not continue to be an introvert and scroll until you find the links you’re after, utilize them, and move on with your life?  Why bother wasting the time or energy to entertain this kind of squabbling?  It seems like that’s everything you’re asking of me.  Lead by example or something.

Imagine a future VC where everyone just copy-pastes Facebook posts and Newbury links, and we all just Like or Thanks react to that.  Sounds pretty fucking miserable to me. Way worse than whatever bullshit of mine you think you have to endure.  Just block me if it’s such a big deal.

6 hours ago, meatrocket8 said:

I made this thread while driving in my car. I copy and pasted what the band posted on Facebook.

I feel like both sides of this argument are making the exact same points. But damn does this speak volumes about priorities and level of effort.

Meat - thanks for the copy/paste. But thank you Derek for posting the mockups.

8 hours ago, CatsNJazz said:

If you dislike a post why bother commenting an asshole remarks on it? It makes my eyes roll out of my head every time I have to read a snarky Derek comment on here as much as a spam bot post makes his eyes roll and makes him be an asshole troll, so why can he do that but nobody else? 

I mean...to turn it around on you, if you dislike his posts so much why comment on them? Why can you do it but he can't?

Obviously meatrocket is going to do whatever he wants as he has since he joined, but his low-effort posts sometimes get annoying to some people. Even the r/vinylreleases sub doesn't allow people to just post a copy/paste from facebook with no links to a PO, it's lazy not to post it if there are links available and if someone is starting low-effort threads they should be called out on it.

Also, if you're driving your car and surfing the damn internet, not only reading but copying and pasting and making threads...wow. Guy needs to get his shit straight.

Best part is, this thread had actually gotten back on track again.

1 hour ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

I mean...to turn it around on you, if you dislike his posts so much why comment on them? Why can you do it but he can't?

Obviously meatrocket is going to do whatever he wants as he has since he joined, but his low-effort posts sometimes get annoying to some people. Even the r/vinylreleases sub doesn't allow people to just post a copy/paste from facebook with no links to a PO, it's lazy not to post it if there are links available and if someone is starting low-effort threads they should be called out on it.

Also, if you're driving your car and surfing the damn internet, not only reading but copying and pasting and making threads...wow. Guy needs to get his shit straight.

Because I dont harass the same user constantly? I've been on the boards for quite a few years now and I've noticed a steady decline in users and activity here and I'm pretty sure its the trolls and gatekeepers that keep people away. I'm just advocating for less of that attitude so more people feel accepted here.

1 hour ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

I'm glad you and Derek could get your scheduled whining over and done with right away.

Imagine trying to be argumentative and off-topic in an attempt to chastise the 1-2 people who are actually discussing the release / band.  What a world.  The 3-4 of you who are chapped over my superiority complex can stay mad I guess – I'm not losing sleep over it – but for the sake of the thread, maybe keep the posts relevant?

2 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

Gonna grab a copy of this. Not sure what variant as I don’t really like any of them, but I’ll decide on one in the moment. 

That white /700 feels like the truest nod to the OG art and colors.  I think trying to grab the /100 will be a huge shit-show, too.

16 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Imagine trying to be argumentative and off-topic in an attempt to chastise the 1-2 people who are actually discussing the release / band.  What a world.  The 3-4 of you who are chapped over my superiority complex can stay mad I guess – I'm not losing sleep over it – but for the sake of the thread, maybe keep the posts relevant?

That white /700 feels like the truest nod to the OG art and colors.  I think trying to grab the /100 will be a huge shit-show, too.

Yah, I think I might go for white (think that’s the first time I’ve ever said that), because of the artwork colors. 

1 hour ago, Sad Heart said:

Yah, I think I might go for white (think that’s the first time I’ve ever said that), because of the artwork colors. 

Same conflict on my end, and found myself thinking very similarly.  Can't tell you the last time I actively shot to buy a white record when presented with options.

56 minutes ago, HardlineKid said:

Y'all need therapists.

I like the purple/pink in white /200. I may go for that one. Not sure if this has been going on for a while and I just haven't noticed, but usually the least attractive variant is the most limited. 

I always get a kick out of the implication that real world personality and online shenanigans are a 1:1 reflection.

But yeah, I'm more than alright with the rarest being the least appealing.  It's a welcome "predicament" when it happens.  Bonus points if it's also priced higher than the alternatives – I end up feeling like I'm really choosing wisely to forgo the rarity. 

50 minutes ago, whoa said:

Any clips/singles anywhere? It'll be interesting to hear this record again, but being played by a band who's more on top of their game and hopefully production to match. FC back in the day was classic but listening to it now is a bit drab as the production hasn't aged well.

Of this particular show?  I haven't heard any but I also haven't really tried looking.  I tuned into those Signal / live-streams they were doing last year and thought they sounded great.  I know Full Collapse like the back of my hand from teen years, so having a full rendition of it with some extra bite in the production is definitely welcome.  I thought the band sounded excellent on the livestreams.  I don't often go for live albums but this one seems like a legitimately safe bet.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Same conflict on my end, and found myself thinking very similarly.  Can't tell you the last time I actively shot to buy a white record when presented with options.

I always get a kick out of the implication that real world personality and online shenanigans are a 1:1 reflection.

But yeah, I'm more than alright with the rarest being the least appealing.  It's a welcome "predicament" when it happens.  Bonus points if it's also priced higher than the alternatives – I end up feeling like I'm really choosing wisely to forgo the rarity. 

Of this particular show?  I haven't heard any but I also haven't really tried looking.  I tuned into those Signal / live-streams they were doing last year and thought they sounded great.  I know Full Collapse like the back of my hand from teen years, so having a full rendition of it with some extra bite in the production is definitely welcome.  I thought the band sounded excellent on the livestreams.  I don't often go for live albums but this one seems like a legitimately safe bet.

Lol.  

I’m just tickled by the fact he rolled in here to try to start some shit, despite having no interest in this band at all, failed to get the reaction he was hoping for, and still went for a mom joke. 😂 You can’t make this stuff up.  Degenerate behavior through and through.

I’m fine if you want to retitle this thread, Wasda.  I’m interested in the vinyl release but I’m also pretty amused that so many fucking crybabies are crawling out of the woodwork to participate.  You guys are giving me a lil’ salty fan club and then wondering why I have a superiority complex.