Thursday - Full Collapse Live

50 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

It looks like everything was gone (including the /700) in ~8 minutes, last time.  Just going off time-stamps in this thread, anyway.

Thanks - I tried looking before I asked but couldn’t seem to figure out how to view the time stamps on mobile.  I started a new job and I know I probably won’t be on right at the drop, plus the firewall slows everything down here, so I’m just trying to mentally prepare for whether I have a shot or I’m guaranteed disappointment.

19 minutes ago, hallowken78 said:

Thanks - I tried looking before I asked but couldn’t seem to figure out how to view the time stamps on mobile.  I started a new job and I know I probably won’t be on right at the drop, plus the firewall slows everything down here, so I’m just trying to mentally prepare for whether I have a shot or I’m guaranteed disappointment.

It’s hardly the most intuitive approach, but you can always Quote an older post to see its exact time-stamp on mobile.  That’s what I do, anyway.  If there’s a better solution, I haven’t found it yet.

Best of luck with the drop.  WATT feels just as popular as FC to me, and I think this could sell out faster than FC Live did.  Notably because scalpers are now aware that there’s a profit attached to selling these Thursday live albums, and because everyone now knows how competitive the checkout process will be.  I could be totally wrong but I wouldn’t be surprised to see all of these sell in 5-6 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone see this yet?  It's so gimmicky and unnecessary that I don't think it deserves its own thread.

https://www.impericon.com/us/thursday-full-collapse-20th-anniversary-ltd-4-vinyl.html

20220714_thursday_full_colapse_20th_anni

Appears to be a 10" boxset.  I think this is such a dumb approach to reissuing the record.  Band hasn't mentioned anything about it so I feel like there will be an announcement next week, and I can only hope this isn't the only version they'd offer.  Not sure why we can't get the album on a double LP @ 45 RPM or something.  Super surprised that hasn't happened at any point in the last 20 years.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Anyone see this yet?  It's so gimmicky and unnecessary that I don't think it deserves its own thread.

https://www.impericon.com/us/thursday-full-collapse-20th-anniversary-ltd-4-vinyl.html

20220714_thursday_full_colapse_20th_anni

Appears to be a 10" boxset.  I think this is such a dumb approach to reissuing the record.  Band hasn't mentioned anything about it so I feel like there will be an announcement next week, and I can only hope this isn't the only version they'd offer.  Not sure why we can't get the album on a double LP @ 45 RPM or something.  Super surprised that hasn't happened at any point in the last 20 years.

This is super gross and embarrassing. Never seen a less-inspired release from an artist before, let alone one I sort of respect and still enjoy nostalgically. 

The price. The format. The art. The content.

Awful.

52 minutes ago, rrd said:

is thursday the new glassjaw? they see us forking out $50 for these sub-standard live records and thought lets up the ante and put out something even more ridiculous and expensive...

Glassjaw is still the best version of glassjaw but these guys are for sure making some plays.

54 minutes ago, rrd said:

is thursday the new glassjaw? they see us forking out $50 for these sub-standard live records and thought lets up the ante and put out something even more ridiculous and expensive...

Huge Glassjaw energy from this release, I agree.  Pretty big overlap of fanbase too.  Already saw a comment from someone they had to pre-order this set because they'd kick themselves if it sold out... so, yup.  Can't even really be mad at Thursday for milking such a dumb demographic.

So here’s what I’m thinking about the art. In between Waiting and Full Collapse, guitarist Tom Keeley drew the dove logo. This looks like it’s inspired by his drawing on grid paper. I’m also guessing there will be demos or other unreleased material, and maybe finally the original tracks on double LP. Could even be remastered. I kind of doubt it will be 10”, it doesn’t look 10” in the mock-up using center label as a reference point. Also the mock up looks bad so if it’s legit then I bet the real thing is much better.

Edited by aharderharmony

1 hour ago, aharderharmony said:

So here’s what I’m thinking about the art. In between Waiting and Full Collapse, guitarist Tom Keeley drew the dove logo. This looks like it’s inspired by his drawing on grid paper. I’m also guessing there will be demos or other unreleased material, and maybe finally the original tracks on double LP. Could even be remastered. I kind of doubt it will be 10”, it doesn’t look 10” in the mock-up using center label as a reference point. Also the mock up looks bad so if it’s legit then I bet the real thing is much better.

I like your optimism here, but… nope.  You may be onto something with the dove drawing, and the packaging paying a nod to Tom’s drawing of it.  Not denying that’s plausible.  But some others sites are starting to stock this abroad, and their production translation spells out that these are 10”s.  You’re correct in that the mock-up is not accurate, because it’s actually 10” x 3, and a 7” with Jet Black New Year.  I believe it also mentioned some “never before seen photos” (😦) or something, too.

The good news is that it really does feel like these went up early.  Think about how much the band loves to build anticipation – they make announcements to tune in for announcements.  Also consider how many variants there were for Waiting.  Even these last few live albums have had 3 choices to order from, and that’s a live album.  They know how many fans have been clamoring for a FC (and WATT) reissue; I truly cannot imagine them sneaking some weird 10” boxset under the radar and letting that be it.  I foresee them going nuts to butts with variants and buying options, t-shirt bundles, etc.  I could be completely wrong but it feels like the cat got out of the bag here.  Hopefully we see more soon, and hopefully if we get a 2LP option, it isn’t $50 again.

8 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I like your optimism here, but… nope.  You may be onto something with the dove drawing, and the packaging paying a nod to Tom’s drawing of it.  Not denying that’s plausible.  But some others sites are starting to stock this abroad, and their production translation spells out that these are 10”s.  You’re correct in that the mock-up is not accurate, because it’s actually 10” x 3, and a 7” with Jet Black New Year.  I believe it also mentioned some “never before seen photos” (😦) or something, too.

The good news is that it really does feel like these went up early.  Think about how much the band loves to build anticipation – they make announcements to tune in for announcements.  Also consider how many variants there were for Waiting.  Even these last few live albums have had 3 choices to order from, and that’s a live album.  They know how many fans have been clamoring for a FC (and WATT) reissue; I truly cannot imagine them sneaking some weird 10” boxset under the radar and letting that be it.  I foresee them going nuts to butts with variants and buying options, t-shirt bundles, etc.  I could be completely wrong but it feels like the cat got out of the bag here.  Hopefully we see more soon, and hopefully if we get a 2LP option, it isn’t $50 again.

Reminds me of The Next Four Years box set from United Nations, which is kind of cool but I never play it probably due to the format (10” + 7” + cassette)

32 minutes ago, aharderharmony said:

Reminds me of The Next Four Years box set from United Nations, which is kind of cool but I never play it probably due to the format (10” + 7” + cassette)

For real.  Makes me wonder if Geoff is just woefully miscalculating how much people care about goofy formats and boxsets.

• 1 month later...