Newbury Comics Exclusive Leftovers (Warning: prices are ridiculous)

It seems like Newbury has been putting up some leftover exclusives on their site these last few days... at scalper prices.

Some old records like Silence in Black and White, Commit this to Memory and the AOF self-titled are on there. Again, the prices are hilarious, but they're there.

Best way to get to them is to navigate to "Exclusive Vinyl" and sort from highest price to lowest.... or click on the link below:

https://www.newburycomics.com/collections/exclusive-vinyl?sort_by=price-descending

8 minutes ago, prowl20 said:

I used to work at the warehouse. I swear they definitely changed buyers sometime around 2010-2011 and it’s gone downhill since. In the last few years it’s been slowly getting slightly better but nowhere near what it was back in the early 2000s

I parked in the garage their headquarters / office (?) uses the other when I went to see Converge / Caspian. New venue across the street is awesome (Roadrunner — sister venue to The Sinclair). 

I want Piebald era Newbury again. 

1 hour ago, Sad Heart said:

I parked in the garage their headquarters / office (?) uses the other when I went to see Converge / Caspian. New venue across the street is awesome (Roadrunner — sister venue to The Sinclair). 

I want Piebald era Newbury again. 

Like Andy in Piebald, I too got sick of Newbury Comics 😂

yeah that building is where it’s all located. Offices/shipping/warehouse, etc. my discount still sometimes works at certain stores 😂

4 minutes ago, shamrocks said:

And I have no problem with what Newbury wants to do. They press things that other people arent and do it in a ultra limited fashion, plus the pressings look great.

Newbury mostly receives a variant from a much larger pressing and then charges 25-50% more. They aren’t really doing much different from any other retailer except capitalizing a bit more on being exclusive. 

On 4/15/2022 at 9:42 PM, Sad Heart said:

That would explain the fleet of Newbury Comics vans in that garage, TIL. Newbury has been effectively dead since the brand pivot back in 2010 or whenever that email went around, the exclusives are the only reason I still hear about them. PS Whoever was at the board during Caspian's set was having some fun with those line arrays!

3 hours ago, subplotofcrows said:

Newbury mostly receives a variant from a much larger pressing and then charges 25-50% more. They aren’t really doing much different from any other retailer except capitalizing a bit more on being exclusive. 

guess i didnt realize that but its super obvious and makes sense that they wouldnt be going to the trouble of pressing 300-500 copies of an OOP album on their own. and yeah they arent cheap but usually free shipping and i find that im able to get more things at once through them then buying each release on its own. i dont know, i dont hate it but they definitely have a premium