Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - reissues

17 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

The 11LP set is my dream set. I listen to those 2 Demo discs probably more than the record now. If that’s what these bonus discs are, I’m all in for the 11. 

I've never heard the demos before but I gotta say that one of the main reasons I love this album is because of Jim O'Rourke.  Is he involved in a lot of the demos or the making of the album versions?

No, he's not. 

But the demos really give an insight to what Jeff and Jay were setting out to do. You see the bridge between Summerteeth/Mermaid Sessions and YHF. 

If you're looking for more of what Jim brought to the table, the best you'll get is Jeff trying to do Jim w/o him around. But to hear the YHF material in its nascent stages is really cool too. Basically if you liked the working version that were in the movie, the demos are like that.

4 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

No, he's not. 

But the demos really give an insight to what Jeff and Jay were setting out to do. You see the bridge between Summerteeth/Mermaid Sessions and YHF. 

If you're looking for more of what Jim brought to the table, the best you'll get is Jeff trying to do Jim w/o him around. But to hear the YHF material in its nascent stages is really cool too. Basically if you liked the working version that were in the movie, the demos are like that.

I am interested and I'm thinking that the one "making of" version on the 7LP would be interest enough for me when it comes to having it on vinyl.  But I'll definitely listen to all of the demos at least once at some point.

10 minutes ago, ntslash said:

I'm assuming the color versions are exclusive to the Wilco store.  The black pressings of the deluxe and super deluxe are popping up elsewhere already.

Debating if I need the gold 7LP or if I can just snag the black 7LP on sale somewhere. 

The colored 2xLP version is up on Bull Moose.

11 minutes ago, ntslash said:

I'm assuming the color versions are exclusive to the Wilco store.  The black pressings of the deluxe and super deluxe are popping up elsewhere already.

Debating if I need the gold 7LP or if I can just snag the black 7LP on sale somewhere. 

I think the 7LP and 11LP color vinyl versions are store exclusives.

Just now, timsimmons said:

Do the descriptions make it sound like Sound Opinions (or the songs at least) are on vinyl in the 7LP set, but only on CD in the 11?

Yeah, that’s how I read it. It’d be nice if they had the track listing broken down by LP side so that was a little more clear. 

20 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Do the descriptions make it sound like Sound Opinions (or the songs at least) are on vinyl in the 7LP set, but only on CD in the 11?

I'm pretty certain it's CD only on the 11 LP version.  That's pretty consistent in the listings.  What I'm not sure of is how it comes in the 7LP.  There is no CD with that so it's either on vinyl or just included in the digital download.

47 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

I really want this but not sure if I want to drop the money right now. Hoping it pops up on Amazon or preferably somewhere else that doesn’t charge until it ships. This reminded me that I still need that Summerteeth box too. 

i think bullmoose and roughy trade don’t charge until they ship

11 minutes ago, wuhanclan said:

i think bullmoose and roughy trade don’t charge until they ship

Awesome. It has been nearly 10 years since I have ordered from them and forgot how it works. Thanks for the info. Just preordered that 11 LP.

Edited by Bronchitis
*from Bullmoose