PO: Anthony Green - Boom. Done.

White/Black Marble /1000 - https://bornlosersrecords.com/products/copy-of-pre-order-anthony-green-boom-done-white-black-marble-vinyl

Hazy Clear /1500 - https://bornlosersrecords.com/products/pre-order-anthony-green-boom-done-clear-vinyl

Clear w/ Red Splatter Indie Exclusive /500 - https://recordstoreday.com/UPC/196292937992

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Pause
Unmute

Current Time 0:03
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 100.00%

0:03
Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently behind liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:16
Â
1x
Playback Rate

Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track

Picture-in-PictureFullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

After Anthony Green left rehab in 2020, he started writing a song called “I Don’t Want to Die,” a sentiment that captures the raw, sometimes heartbreaking, but also hopeful nature of his new solo record, Boom. Done. Known as the lead singer of Circa Survive and Saosin—just to name a few projects from his extensive body of work—Green struggled with addiction to the point of actually losing his life for up to 8 minutes. On top of overdosing, he was also diagnosed with Bi-Polar disorder. To process all this, Green turned to music to find strength: “I did not want to live the remainder of my life as an addict. Writing the record was a way to cope. . .” 

Boom. Done. is Green’s first solo album to feature a full band, members of which Green called upon to help him write and create. Featuring Tim Arnold and Keith Goodwin of Good Old War, the earnest songs pull us through Green’s introspective journey to recovery. 

In “I Don’t Want to Die” we watch him stumble and grow, we watch him move from isolation, “hanging vulnerable in darkness on the ocean floor,” to triumphantly asserting his will to live. Boom. Done. arrives 7/22 via Born Losers Records.

spacer.png    spacer.png spacer.png

Variant counts confirmed by DM w/ Label 

Edited by Justinadamk
adding variant counts

6 hours ago, Derek™ said:

So not a solo album at all.

The High And Driving Band that accompanied the making of the record includes
-Tim Arnold - composer, Drums, percussion, accordion, backing vocals
-Anayst - guitar
-Adam Dabee - guitar
-Keith Goodwin - producer, composer, arranger, bass, guitar, Juno 60, piano, backing vocals
-Greg Mervine - horn arrangements, guitar, bass, drums, percussion
-Rob Deckhart - Rhodes, piano, guitar, pedal steel, bass, arp, Juno 106
-Frank Rein - Trombone
-Koofreh Umoren - trumpet
-Adam Hershberger- trumpet
-Jason Cupp - percussion editing

18 minutes ago, scottheisel said:

Do you think, like, Taylor Swift plays every single instrument on her records?

I’m not even convinced Taylor Swift writes all of her music let alone performs it, so no.  Above all I just found the sentence to be a little silly but I get your point.  There is a distinction there – look at someone like Liz Harris who releases all of her solo music under the Grouper moniker, and names each new project / band something different, the moment she collaborates with any outside entity.  Or someone like Faye Webster who releases music under her name, but is backed by a bassist and percussion that she doesn’t perform.  The band still goes by Faye Webster on the bill, but press statements don’t usually call her releases solo albums.  From what I’ve seen, anyway.

Anthony could easily put this stuff into another circa record. But that comes with that core band and sound. Where's the fun in that? He has control on the sound and performers on a solo album. I'm not mega pumped about this, didn't really dig the other solo album beyond the first couple tracks and that Fucking Whatever one was an earache, but new single is promising and will keep an ear out for whatever he wails over.

Side note, I like that caracara feature. That was great.

6 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I’m not even convinced Taylor Swift writes all of her music let alone performs it, so no.  Above all I just found the sentence to be a little silly but I get your point.  There is a distinction there – look at someone like Liz Harris who releases all of her solo music under the Grouper moniker, and names each new project / band something different, the moment she collaborates with any outside entity.  Or someone like Faye Webster who releases music under her name, but is backed by a bassist and percussion that she doesn’t perform.  The band still goes by Faye Webster on the bill, but press statements don’t usually call her releases solo albums.  From what I’ve seen, anyway.

Jack White just released another solo record.  Its comprised of several band members....

Cool breakdown of how the album came to be via Keith Goodwin- 
So proud of this record I made with @anthonygreen666 Grateful for him giving me a shot at producing for him. Anthony’s lyrical and vocal ability is unmatched. It started out as a postal service type thing for fun when lockdown happened. I was emailing music back and forth with Anthony and @timothyjohnarnold. After we had a bunch of songs written we went and stayed at the beach for a week and honed them in together with @anayst adding her beautiful electric guitar. I took those tracks home and brought them over to the shed and @robdevious blessed the tracks with his nasty keys and spacey pedal steel. After that my good friend @gmervine added some unreal horn arrangements and crunchy rhythm guitars. The @wpobrass boys @tilted.head @koofibi and Adam Hershberger killed the horns. Then finally the legendary @willyipmusic mixed and mastered taking it to the next level. Couldn’t be more proud.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CcqHqSYjqOE/

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 1:10 AM, Justinadamk said:

There's still a /500 indie exclusive yet to be officially announced. Hopefully it has some pizzazz 

Indie Exclusive - Clear w/ Red Splatter (info from message w/ Label) - https://www.bullmoose.com/p/35424452/anthony-green-boom-done (hopefully the listing gets an updated description too)

On 5/14/2022 at 1:49 PM, Tidal Wave said:

Anyone know about the group LS Dunes? On the riot fest lineup and is supposedly an Anthony green project. 

Nothing other than the band logo is tattoo'd on him behind his ear. Saw it on his tour with LJG & Tim Kasher. You can see a good shot of it here - 

https://scontent-bos3-1.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-15/280157134_493063789233541_8034226765763212419_n.webp?stp=dst-jpg_e35&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=101&_nc_ohc=1KAMkhzDMvMAX-ACVkZ&tn=tiop0bf99TxkOhCx&edm=ALQROFkBAAAA&ccb=7-4&ig_cache_key=MjgzMzQxMTE4NzA4ODA5NTk4NQ%3D%3D.2-ccb7-4&oh=00_AT-mr1QdnjsihQRvVWInUyNHih9rtxn2XYkW2vLHj9Ka0Q&oe=62882118&_nc_sid=30a2ef 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...