SOLD OUT: Weakerthans - Left And Leaving (clear /250) and Reconstruction Site (red /300)

• esbe changed the title to SOLD OUT: Weakerthans - Left And Leaving (clear /250) and Reconstruction Site (red /300)
9 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

So good to see bv is taking the newbury route. Why exactly a single lp costs 32 dollars? 

Well, they charged $32 and it sold out in like six hours. Not saying it’s right, but it’s happening, whether we like it or not.

I think, what would make me “feel better” about some of this pricing increase is if we knew some of the money was going back to the bands. Doubt it in most cases, which stings the most for me. 

2 hours ago, parkinglot said:

Not sure if you’re talking about L&L or Reconstruction Site, but L&L is a 2xLP with an etching on the D side.

Oh i didn't catch that my bad, sorry. But yeah 28 for a single lp is still a bit too much especially (not in this case) when other variants of the same pressing cost less elsewhere. 

• 3 weeks later...

Got both L&L's and it's weird, they're two totally different pressings. The color of the artwork is different shades, different plates, the BV one has an inner sleeve for the first LP (which is just the same artwork that's in the gatefold), the jackets are different thicknesses...  The matrix of the BV one doesn't match any previous pressings, but the SP one is the same as a black press that someone put up on Discogs a few years ago, so I'm guessing these might have been pressed then and they just sat on them for some reason... Pointless and nerdy observations, but hey, that's what we're here for, right?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 7:17 PM, mike said:

Got both L&L's and it's weird, they're two totally different pressings. The color of the artwork is different shades, different plates, the BV one has an inner sleeve for the first LP (which is just the same artwork that's in the gatefold), the jackets are different thicknesses...  The matrix of the BV one doesn't match any previous pressings, but the SP one is the same as a black press that someone put up on Discogs a few years ago, so I'm guessing these might have been pressed then and they just sat on them for some reason... Pointless and nerdy observations, but hey, that's what we're here for, right?

If the plates are different, does one sound better than the other at all?

17 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

...and furthermore, does anyone here have word about how the originals sound? I know they're crammed to one disc, that's why I'm curious

It's been a while since I listened to mine, but I remember it sounding fine to good, no major issues, but not like...mind blowing or anything.

Edit to say this goes for all the OGs.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage