[Pre-Order] Good Night & Good Morning - Narrowing Type (10-Year Anniversary) [Slowcore/Post-Rock/Ambient]

I've been graced with the opportunity to reissue (what I consider to be) one of the best albums ever made. Happy 10-year anniversary to Narrowing Type!

For those unfamiliar, it's a wonderful blend of sounds pulling from influences like Low, The American Analog Set, Stereolab, and a whole slew of other brilliant musicians. It got overlooked at time of release, but has garnered a decently-sized cult following over the last decade, and today, on the 10-year anniversary of its release, I get to share the reissue. Original copies are impossible to track down at this point, so for those who've heard it, this has been a long time coming!

Pre-order here: https://energycrow.com/products/gngm-narrowing-type

And check out this interview with frontman Ryan Brewer to commemorate the anniversary: https://sun-13.com/2022/04/25/beyond-the-clouds-in-conversation-with-good-night-good-mornings-ryan-brewer/

8 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

I have never heard of them before but just checked the album out and it’s right down my alley. Good stuff. Grabbed a copy.

8 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

Shit, I’m going to have to go back and grab that Eyrie 10” you released too when I have more money to spend.

4 hours ago, indianajones said:

wow -- almost skipped right over this.

what a cool opportunity for you! been patiently waiting for the repress, thank you ❤️

Thank you so much for the support! Really means a lot.

• 11 months later...
4 hours ago, copelandkid said:

looks like these are shipping soon per an email from the label! forgot that i had this on pre-order, lovely surprise :D

Yep! Didn’t wanna distribute a subpar product and unfortunately had to reject the first test pressing so it took a little longer than the band and I had hoped. Just happy to have them in-hand now.

21 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

Yep! Didn’t wanna distribute a subpar product and unfortunately had to reject the first test pressing so it took a little longer than the band and I had hoped. Just happy to have them in-hand now.

that's the right way to do i in my opinion, always happy to wait longer for a better product! btw can you say what the order # cutoff is for the bonus tape? very curious if i made the cut hehe

5 hours ago, copelandkid said:

that's the right way to do i in my opinion, always happy to wait longer for a better product! btw can you say what the order # cutoff is for the bonus tape? very curious if i made the cut hehe

Good question. The last order to get a tape will be #ECR1098. We initially said "first 50 orders get the bonus tape", but then after agreeing upon it and advertising it, we realized there was ambiguity between us about whether that meant
A. One tape in each of the first 50 orders, regardless of how many copies they ordered (total of 50 cassettes)
B. One tape paired with each of the first 50 copies sold, regardless of how many somebody ordered/how many orders that takes to be complete (still total of 50 cassettes)
C. One tape paired with each copy within the first 50 orders; some people, especially internationally, did group buys, so this would amount to MORE than 50 cassettes

Rather than screw anyone over, we decided on a run of 75-100 tapes to fulfill option C. After everything ships, any replacements for loss/damage are sent out, and a few of the overrun are given to friends and family, the remaining ones will probably go up for sale.

Also, since I run this whole jawn myself non-profit, I'm thinking about doing something to the effect of TPs w/ screenprinted jackets just to cover some of the unexpected production costs (eg staggering inflation between announcement and now causing many of the orders' shipping charges to be outdated and inadequate). Nothing crazy, maybe like $50 plus the cost of however much it costs to do the screenprint setup divided by the number of prints. 

Also been thinking about doing a small run of Energy Crow logo enamel pins for the same reason. Any of the three people checking this thread have any fundraising ideas that you'd buy? T-shirts etc?

You can’t go wrong with enamel pins to start off with.

Also, good job seeing this through even if it meant waiting longer.  After 2-3 months of waiting, it kind of starts to feel like a blur whether it’s 4, 5, 8, or 12 months after ordering.  Few things are worse than waiting 3+ months for something that feels underwhelming or sounds like trash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sahan ended up engineering a safe way to ship everyone's tapes with their LPs, and those should've all gone out by now. If anybody with an order number up to #ECR1098 didn't get theirs by mistake, lemme know! The rest of the stock is being mailed to me so I can keep it with the other ECR records and handle distribution from here on out.

Edited by DecayToDeath