Classic Record Collection

I’m in the process of cleaning up my home and I have over 400 classic rock records!  I’m 65 and purchased many of these albums over 50 years ago.  I haven’t had a record player in over 30 years, so they have not been played in quite a long time.  My daughter helped me organize and catalog the albums by band and record number and can send the list if you’re interested.  I’m located in the Santa Cruz area of California for pick up.  Not sure about pricing, would like to sell the whole lot. What’s the best way to do this?  I would like them to go to someone who collects records.

On 5/8/2022 at 2:46 PM, Classic Rock Collection said:

I’m in the process of cleaning up my home and I have over 400 classic rock records!  I’m 65 and purchased many of these albums over 50 years ago.  I haven’t had a record player in over 30 years, so they have not been played in quite a long time.  My daughter helped me organize and catalog the albums by band and record number and can send the list if you’re interested.  I’m located in the Santa Cruz area of California for pick up.  Not sure about pricing, would like to sell the whole lot. What’s the best way to do this?  I would like them to go to someone who collects records.

Hey there and welcome!

This is a good start to trying to sell your collection, but you may have more luck with your local craigslist as a collection this size would be tough to ship.

You can download the discogs app and scan barcodes on your albums to add them to your collection on there and get an idea of what a fair price may be for everything.

Another option would be to run by a local record shop and see if they'd be interested in your collection, but youre likely to get a lower offer from them.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage