Drive-Thru 26 teaser....

$25 for an EP? Cmon. You don’t even have to license these to press them they are your records! Should be $20 max per EP. But the way vinyl prices continue to inflate I guess this is the new norm. Bleh. Makes nostalgia pressings really hard to pull the trigger on.

Edited by xthricex

Also can we talk about how shitty their website is? Homepage is just the text, which is silly since all their socials link to that instead of a merch page. Then if you scroll down, the “Merchandise” footer link goes to a dead page. So you can only find what they are selling in the foldout “Merchandise” link.

1 minute ago, billya said:

We can look to the Welcome to the Family box as a model. That didn't sell under the original retail.

You also knew what you were getting, and it didn’t have this long window of insane hype that certain types love to see when figuring out what that can buy and resell for profit. The fact that this may turn out to be a shit show, not to mention there are stand alone variants, makes me think some people are going to be taking a lose on this one.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HardlineKid said:

Are they going to release any LPs along with this? Seems kind of pointless to focus on EPs ....

This was my question… like the EPs are some of the more unreleased or under-pressed items, but man do they need represses of a lot more. My guess is they still needed to get rights from the higher ups and they were most willing to part with random EPs as opposed to the albums that went Gold, etc.

7 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

This was my question… like the EPs are some of the more unreleased or under-pressed items, but man do they need represses of a lot more. My guess is they still needed to get rights from the higher ups and they were most willing to part with random EPs as opposed to the albums that went Gold, etc.

I've paused my hunt for some of the older Drive Thru LPs until I know for sure they're not repressing.... Really wish we'd get a sign.