Drive-Thru 26 teaser....

6 hours ago, HardlineKid said:

Are they going to release any LPs along with this? Seems kind of pointless to focus on EPs ....

I’m pretty positive in the initial announcement they said this was going to be a box set of EP’s specifically.  I don’t remember a mention of any full-lengths.  At least not right now.

Anyways, super stoked for Halifax.  This was my #1 hope they would put in this set.

15 hours ago, Rip said:

I’m pretty positive in the initial announcement they said this was going to be a box set of EP’s specifically.  I don’t remember a mention of any full-lengths.  At least not right now.

Anyways, super stoked for Halifax.  This was my #1 hope they would put in this set.

They said boxset of ep’s + other stuff outside of boxset which means full length releases. 

For anyone wondering, you can check the stock of an item. It doesn’t automatically go down to how many are left though. Trick to go high and it will say “You can’t add this many x to your cart.” Then guess how many are left, repeat.

Looks like they’ve only sold 100 of the A/B side (~700/800 remain).

Since The Starting Line hasn’t even sold out yet, these could be here for a while.

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, andrewlucas said:

Even with FIP being next, the price of the box set isn’t worth it. I’m still waiting for Worms of The Earth on vinyl. 

Worms of the Earth (remix) was on this 7" (part of a 7" set - that fit in a gatefold sleeve) "Bitemarks and Bloodstains"

https://www.discogs.com/release/3153470-Finch-Bitemarks-And-Bloodstains

23 hours ago, thefavoriteplay said:

Worms of the Earth (remix) was on this 7" (part of a 7" set - that fit in a gatefold sleeve) "Bitemarks and Bloodstains"

https://www.discogs.com/release/3153470-Finch-Bitemarks-And-Bloodstains

Oh yeah. 😂 I’ve had that set forever and completely forgot about it. 

On 11/23/2022 at 1:54 PM, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

The movielife is for sure one of them

On 11/23/2022 at 2:43 PM, FEN1XD0WN said:

SoCo and TEN are really the only things I see that's left that most people are anticipating. 

I am going to go on a limb on this, and I may be completely wrong, but I think out of those three only Early November will be pressed.

I was looking on Amazon music at who copyrights the e.p.'s and Drive Thru owns Early November.  Movielife owns Gambling Problem which is shocking, and Audioboxer by Something Corporate is owned by Geffen.  Didn't think Geffen would own an e.p. like that, but it did sell well.

I'm bummed Say It Like You Mean It is still owned by Geffen, doubt that will be repressed.

Again, just by looking at the copyrights on the digital albums, that could signify what Drive Thru can press, but I think the last two e.p.'s to be pressed will be Early November and Steel Train.

3 hours ago, FavoriteSights&Sounds said:

I am going to go on a limb on this, and I may be completely wrong, but I think out of those three only Early November will be pressed.

I was looking on Amazon music at who copyrights the e.p.'s and Drive Thru owns Early November.  Movielife owns Gambling Problem which is shocking, and Audioboxer by Something Corporate is owned by Geffen.  Didn't think Geffen would own an e.p. like that, but it did sell well.

I'm bummed Say It Like You Mean It is still owned by Geffen, doubt that will be repressed.

Again, just by looking at the copyrights on the digital albums, that could signify what Drive Thru can press, but I think the last two e.p.'s to be pressed will be Early November and Steel Train.

Wow!  Had no idea The Movielife bought out that EP.  Looks like DTR still owns 40 Hour and IATA.  Well, hopefully the band will press it themselves which I can definitely see happening.

I wouldn’t mind Steel Train, but would rather HIPV or even the last Home Grown EP.  Though I can see DTR pressing Steel Train over those.

13 hours ago, 10inchLUV said:

Wow!  Had no idea The Movielife bought out that EP.  Looks like DTR still owns 40 Hour and IATA.  Well, hopefully the band will press it themselves which I can definitely see happening.

I wouldn’t mind Steel Train, but would rather HIPV or even the last Home Grown EP.  Though I can see DTR pressing Steel Train over those.

I agree I wouldn't mind a Steel Train press, Hidden In Plain View would be great, but I think they are trying to do a little of everything this time around.  

Starting Line - Pop Punk

Halifax - Rock

Finch - Screamo

Early November - Emo

Steel Train - Acoustic

Just my thoughts, probably wrong, but fun to speculate.  Using the same marketing technique they did back in the day to announce their signings which gets everyone guessing like right now.  I just hope after this e.p. thing they press some full lengths.  2023 is 20th anniversary of Forty Hour and I really hope they do something for that album.

Also that Homegrown EP (final?) was way overlooked, then again it was around the time Drive Thru was going defunct and buying music wasn't as big.

Edited by FavoriteSights&Sounds

On 11/26/2022 at 7:52 AM, FavoriteSights&Sounds said:

Movielife owns Gambling Problem which is shocking

This seems unfounded? On Spotify it says 40 Hour and Gambling Problem are both published by "Drive-Thru Records / Catch Point Rights Partners" and Catch Point is not some ASCAP Movielife thing: https://www.catchpointrights.com/team

47 minutes ago, derkwithano said:

This seems unfounded? On Spotify it says 40 Hour and Gambling Problem are both published by "Drive-Thru Records / Catch Point Rights Partners" and Catch Point is not some ASCAP Movielife thing: https://www.catchpointrights.com/team

Hmm that’s odd.  When I initially checked Apple Music after @FavoriteSights&Sounds post, I saw Gambling had a 2017 copyright under The Movielife.  However, I checked again just now and there’s also a Drive-Thru version available with a 2001 copyright.  Same EP, just two different versions on streaming platforms at the same time.  Well, maybe this means we’ll see it in the box! 🤞🏻 This and TEN would be nice.

2 hours ago, derkwithano said:

Like I said, I could be completely wrong, just going off what I see on Amazon music.  I don't know what Spotify has listed since I don't use any streaming service, but maybe Drive-Thru has vinyl rights regardless what is listed digital.  I posted the link below of what Amazon shows as a copyright which says The Movielife.

Who knows, just have to wait and see what gets released, I should've asked Vinnie when he was opening for Early November a few weeks back, usually he is very up front about that stuff.  Again, I was just making assumptions and in no way saying this is fact, but if you wanted evidence the below link is what I was looking at.

https://www.amazon.com/music/player/albums/B073ZLH2HZ?ref=sr_1_3&keywords=the+movielife&crid=22CMSD20RSEI8&sprefix=the+movielif%2Caps%2C519&qid=1669740063&sr=8-3