Drive-Thru 26 teaser....

On 1/27/2023 at 8:40 AM, serum7 said:

This whole thing feel “off” to anyone else? Nearly 4 months with no actual details on anything, no updates, no in progress photos, no sign of clothing shipping yet(?), no ongoing social posts to continue hyping the releases up, no press about the releases, none of the bands really hyping them up aside from a couple reposts/retweets from TSL and a single IG post from Finch…

I’d kind of be shocked if any of this turned out to be real at this point. 

They’ve been posting/revealing the EPs every month.

The original shipping date was January and they’ve updated that to March in the descriptions.

They’ve reposted a bunch of people posting photos of their new shirts on IG.  (Logo is way too big.. I was sorta interested in one, but not anymore)

I would imagine the bands still have a sour taste so I doubt that is why they aren’t hyping the releases up.  However, I’m stoked for the box and def ordering the Houston Calls LP this week.

Take This To Your Heart Records are handling everything and they seem like they know what they’re doing so I’m not worried.

On 1/30/2023 at 10:35 AM, larry47591 said:

So excited for this one.  I tried to press this back when we did Day at the fair and socratic but the band wanted to do it themselves if they ever did a reunion.  So I would imagine they are playing so shows as well.

They are actually. 

1 hour ago, FEN1XD0WN said:

Heh I remember ETR pressing that back then.......there's only one on discogs, that really can't be what it's selling at right??

No it doesn't sell for $500, that dudes just putting a number out there, but it definitely sells for $75-100 if it's listed.  It never comes up for sale, it's shocking it only has one pressing

1 hour ago, derkwithano said:

Where did it say Drive-Thru wouldn't do a second run? I'm also shocked that this sold out. I remember when this came out, and the response was mild.

I'm in the band. It's now sold out. No re-press. I remember when this came out as well, I was stoked on the response.

1 hour ago, joshgrigsby said:

I'm in the band. It's now sold out. No re-press. I remember when this came out as well, I was stoked on the response.

could you give us more insight on how you KNOW its sold out though.... kidding.

congrats to you and the band on the awesome response to pressing this LP! 

I was into that Bobby & Bonnie track but I didn't know anyone else following you guys at the time, compared to other revered Drive-Thru bands. Not a shot at the band.

I have vivid memories of listening to this in my high school cafeteria every morning before school. While not an amazing memory, it does bring back feelings of being young. I appreciate those little things. Thanks for making the music.

Are you repressing end of an error?

Edited by HardlineKid

1 hour ago, HardlineKid said:

I have vivid memories of listening to this in my high school cafeteria every morning before school. While not an amazing memory, it does bring back feelings of being young. I appreciate those little things. Thanks for making the music.

I hope they press their second LP!  For some reason I dismissed it when it came out.. years later now I love it more than their first album.  It’s a solid record.

3 hours ago, joshgrigsby said:

1 hour ago, HardlineKid said:

Glad I got the splatter right away.  Would totally be at the Asbury Park show, but had to move to Arkansas due to work, will be looking for fan shot videos the next day to see what I missed.  Maybe do a live stream???  Last time I saw Houston Calls it was in Allentown, PA and I think it was Farewell and Punchline?  I can't remember the whole bill, but when I google dates apparently a show like that was downstairs, but I swear it was upstairs.

I would also love a pressing of End Of An Error, I love Short Stories, but Era was my favorite.  I remember when that came out Drive Thru was going under at that point and it was so hard for me to get a copy.  My local record store couldn't get it in.  Curious what these Drive Thru vinyl releases will be and if something like that album will get the treatment.  It's like Hidden In Plain View Resolution, love that album and feel like it didn't get the love it deserves since they broke up after it was released.

2 hours ago, HardlineKid said:

Hey man, it's from 'that time' in most people's lives honestly. I drummer on that album when I was 19, and now I'm 37!

And I would guess not, as that record doesn't seem to be in demand, but if enough people were interested - I might be able to squeeze 500 out of Drive-Thru, ya never know!

40 minutes ago, 10inchLUV said:

I hope they press their second LP!  For some reason I dismissed it when it came out.. years later now I love it more than their first album.  It’s a solid record.

I love that you liked this album. I do too, but there's a lot we would have done differently in hindsight. Not sure about a press of this one, but we are planning on doing a b-sides/unreleased material LP. No solid plans yet but I know it's something we want to do with our friend's small label!

28 minutes ago, FavoriteSights&Sounds said:

Glad I got the splatter right away.  Would totally be at the Asbury Park show, but had to move to Arkansas due to work, will be looking for fan shot videos the next day to see what I missed.  Maybe do a live stream???  Last time I saw Houston Calls it was in Allentown, PA and I think it was Farewell and Punchline?  I can't remember the whole bill, but when I google dates apparently a show like that was downstairs, but I swear it was upstairs.

I would also love a pressing of End Of An Error, I love Short Stories, but Era was my favorite.  I remember when that came out Drive Thru was going under at that point and it was so hard for me to get a copy.  My local record store couldn't get it in.  Curious what these Drive Thru vinyl releases will be and if something like that album will get the treatment.  It's like Hidden In Plain View Resolution, love that album and feel like it didn't get the love it deserves since they broke up after it was released.

Man I love this! Croc Rock holds so many memories for me, played upstairs mostly but definitely downstairs once with Valencia. Fun fact: I've been drumming for Mae now since 2021 - and I discovered them at a Mae, The Starting Line, and Days Away show at the Croc Rock, lol. 

As for The End of an Error - the most love I've seen for that album is in this thread, haha. So who knows what the future holds. Glad some people dug that one.

Man I love this! Croc Rock holds so many memories for me, played upstairs mostly but definitely downstairs once with Valencia. Fun fact: I've been drumming for Mae now since 2021 - and I discovered them at a Mae, The Starting Line, and Days Away show at the Croc Rock, lol. 

As for The End of an Error - the most love I've seen for that album is in this thread, haha. So who knows what the future holds. Glad some people dug that one.

How the f did I not put two and two together, I photographed Mae in 2021 and I thought the drummer looked familiar, my photos here: The Juliana Theory / Mae – Theatre Of Living Arts – Philadelphia, PA – 11/28/21 – Favorite Sights & Sounds (favoritesightsandsounds.com)

Freaking wild, and I am from Bethlehem, PA Crocodile Rock was my go to place and I was totally at that show also.  I discovered Mae there also, bought the 4 song ep they self released and met their original guitarist outside.  Hopefully more Mae stuff comes down the pipeline like a new album, love everything they put out.  Bummed I missed the last few shows in PA, I think the one was in Harrisburg.  Wish I was photographing the Houston Calls show, but living in AR doesn't help.

1 hour ago, FavoriteSights&Sounds said:

How the f did I not put two and two together, I photographed Mae in 2021 and I thought the drummer looked familiar, my photos here: The Juliana Theory / Mae – Theatre Of Living Arts – Philadelphia, PA – 11/28/21 – Favorite Sights & Sounds (favoritesightsandsounds.com)

Freaking wild, and I am from Bethlehem, PA Crocodile Rock was my go to place and I was totally at that show also.  I discovered Mae there also, bought the 4 song ep they self released and met their original guitarist outside.  Hopefully more Mae stuff comes down the pipeline like a new album, love everything they put out.  Bummed I missed the last few shows in PA, I think the one was in Harrisburg.  Wish I was photographing the Houston Calls show, but living in AR doesn't help.

Dude!! This is so awesome. That's totally me - that show was huge for me as I'm from West Chester, PA - So a lot of folks showed up of course. Your photos rule as well.

Definitely a lot more Mae coming this and next year! Hope to meet you in person at some show sometime soon. Thanks for supporting music I have played and currently play and all of that, it's fucking awesome.