Drive-Thru 26 teaser....

1 hour ago, HardlineKid said:

I just listened to The End of an Error this afternoon. Really good stuff. Haven't listened to it in probably 8-10 years and still remembered most of the lyrics. While I couldn't think of the songs just by the titles, I remembered that Behind the Gun was the best song of the album

This rules. This thread alone has shown me there's a bit more demand for 'The End of An Error' than any of us ever thought, haha!

14 hours ago, joshgrigsby said:

Dude!! This is so awesome. That's totally me - that show was huge for me as I'm from West Chester, PA - So a lot of folks showed up of course. Your photos rule as well.

Definitely a lot more Mae coming this and next year! Hope to meet you in person at some show sometime soon. Thanks for supporting music I have played and currently play and all of that, it's fucking awesome.

No idea you were from West Chester, I went to Immaculata University, but spent most of my time in West Chester.  I still stand by Benny's is the best pizza ever.  Also West Chester is where I met Tokyo Rose and became their merch guy for a tour.  The church there had the best shows, that was a great place to see bands.

1 hour ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Tokyo rose is not a name I have heard in like 20 years

It's an oldie, great dudes.  Chris, bassist, is in a new band called Sleep Cycles from Philly.  They are pretty good.  Drummer Jake drummed for Everclear on a few tours and now in a Oi! punk band The Drowns

5 hours ago, FavoriteSights&Sounds said:

No idea you were from West Chester, I went to Immaculata University, but spent most of my time in West Chester.  I still stand by Benny's is the best pizza ever.  Also West Chester is where I met Tokyo Rose and became their merch guy for a tour.  The church there had the best shows, that was a great place to see bands.

Love it man, yeah I moved away after high school in 2004, but my brother just moved back to West Chester a few blocks from Jake's Bar (best bar in WC). Will always love that town- and Tokyo Rose! Lol

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

Listening to a test press on an LP60? 

You're right. An LP60 makes for real bad quality control.

They should have used a Victrola suitcase to see how it will actually sound for most people who buy it. 

Edited by mitchard

already a placeholder for it, po comes on thursday.

https://takethistoheartrecords.limitedrun.com/products/740521-finch-what-it-is-to-burn

funny that the 2nd press is already there.

First Press:
800: Half/Half (Coke Bottle Clear + White) w/ Black Splatter
1200: Color in Color (Black + Ruby ) w/ Tangerine Splatter

Second Press: NOT ON SALE YET
2000: Color in Color (Ruby & Black) w/ Tangerine Splatter

spacer.png

Edited by xfactor675

15 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

already a placeholder for it, po comes on thursday.

https://takethistoheartrecords.limitedrun.com/products/740521-finch-what-it-is-to-burn

funny that the 2nd press is already there.

First Press:
800: Half/Half (Coke Bottle Clear + White) w/ Black Splatter
1200: Color in Color (Black + Ruby ) w/ Tangerine Splatter

Second Press: NOT ON SALE YET
2000: Color in Color (Ruby & Black) w/ Tangerine Splatter

spacer.png

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, Boaty McBoatface said:

From what I’m reading, it’s a mandatory record/shirt bundle? Fuck that, I’m not paying for a shirt I’ll use as a shop rag. Really hope I can get just the album. 

Same here.  TTTH are going to learn a valuable lesson when they’re stranded on a mountain of the 4,000 shirts they printed for this mandatory bundle PO. 😤

why would it be mandatory? you can buy it in bundle if you want or just the record, or just the shirt on separate page. All parting gift pos were like this, but in the dropdown menu it's gonna let you select the record only. Also the shirts were always made for order so... chill.

Edited by xfactor675

1 minute ago, xfactor675 said:

why would it be mandatory? you can buy it in bundle if you want or just the record, or just the shirt on seperate page. All parting gift pos were like this, but in the dropdown menu it gonna let you select the record only. Also the shirts were always made for order so... chill.

Exactly. 

I understand Parting Gift/Take This To Heart is doing the fullfillment of the eps and those are just Drive Thru branded only, but this co release of Finch gives me hope for other full lengths now.  Hoping Say It Like You Mean It gets a repress now.  Curious the business background on how this is handled.  I guess albums owned by Geffen will be co released probably because how much it is to licensed?