Sunny Day Real Estate Touring for first time in 12 years!!! (w/ The Appleseed Cast)

18 minutes ago, radiatorhums said:

Ended up getting what I can only describe is a very bad seat.  Were y'all seeing $275+ prices?

Jesus Christ. It’d be more worth it to just drive down for the Portland show at that point. Tickets were $46.50 after fees and the whole venue is GA, including the seated balcony for this show I believe. Granted Roseland is one of my least favorite venues around. 

The second balcony is GA and I paid $52 for that ticket.  Floor and first balcony were all assigned seating and there was nothing remotely cheap.  I'll think on it today, but the odds of me buying a ticket for the Portland show are looking pretty good!  I've been to quite a few shows at the STG venues and I've never seen such fuck you prices.

• 3 months later...

Saw them in Detroit last weekend and they were better than I could have imagined.  I couldn't see them for some reason the last time they toured, so this was my first time seeing them, bucket list checked.  Jawbreaker, Sunny Day Real Estate, Get Up Kids Four Minute Mile tour, Casket Lottery, what year is this??

22 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

Anyone get a photo of merch? Seeing them tomorrow. Curious how much money I’ll be dropping between the two. Haha. 

No pictures, but there are a bunch of t-shirts: a tour one with the paper airplanes and dates on the back, and then one themed around every album artwork ($35). They also have a Diary-themed hoodie for $60, and vinyl copies of How It Feels for $40. Pretty cool space/sci-fi themed tour poster too, but I don't remember how much that was.

1 minute ago, smailtronic said:

No pictures, but there are a bunch of t-shirts: a tour one with the paper airplanes and dates on the back, and then one themed around every album artwork ($35). They also have a Diary-themed hoodie for $60, and vinyl copies of How It Feels for $40. Pretty cool space/sci-fi themed tour poster too, but I don't remember how much that was.

Thanks for the info! I saw a picture of How It Feels. It’s a cool lava looking variant of /1500. Definitely getting a shirt, LP, and print. Maybe a hoodie too. 

On 9/26/2022 at 10:33 AM, Sad Heart said:

https://ibb.co/Wx5PPk7

tour print 

I dig that. Looks like Jay Ryan lettering, so I assume he did the print? I don’t see it on his instagram, but he certainly doesn’t post everything over there. Definitely want to grab a copy, hopefully I can just do so at the Dallas show.

5 minutes ago, iwokeinrelief said:

I dig that. Looks like Jay Ryan lettering, so I assume he did the print? I don’t see it on his instagram, but he certainly doesn’t post everything over there. Definitely want to grab a copy, hopefully I can just do so at the Dallas show.

Think it was Dan Black. There might be some left at Dallas. I was at Silver Spring and got #180/350. 

13 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

Think it was Dan Black. There might be some left at Dallas. I was at Silver Spring and got #180/350. 

Yep, sure enough, I found Dan's post on the Landland IG.  I'll stalk their site to see if they drop APs, as they typically almost always sell them down the road.

• 1 month later...

Message I got about the Portland show

It is with the deepest regret that Sunny Day Real Estate has to postpone the upcoming December shows. William unfortunately sustained a broken bone (on his hi-hat hand) in an accident. In order to perform  to the standard you expect and deserve, we have made the difficult task to postpone the upcoming concerts to early next year. This is not a decision that we have taken lightly and have exhausted all measures including the potential of an understudy proxy. All tickets for the current shows will remain valid for the reschedules and more information will be forthcoming after the Thanksgiving holiday. We wanted to give you as much heads up as we possibly could, so you can plan accordingly. William’s doctors are happy with his progress and he is on track for a full recovery. Thank you for your never ending support. The first leg of this tour gave us renewed vigor as a band and we cannot wait to play for you in 2023……and beyond.

A new rescheduled date will be announced shortly and all previously purchased tickets will remain valid, so please hang out to your ticket!