PO: Pianos Become the Teeth - Drift (8/26/2022)

Don't think that this will be a hurry. Most of wait of love's rarer variants sitting at retailers' dead stocks for years now. Which is sad but they lost a lot of people along the way... 

https://www.popmarket.com/search?q=Pianos+wait+for+love&mod=AP

Gold, yellow, white, another unspecified color and black all in stock for anyone looking for this still. (thanks10 for 10% off) 

Edited by xfactor675

• zaoza changed the title to PO: Pianos Become the Teeth - Drift (8/26/2022)

Can we confirm what a not boring variant is? Are we expecting wax mages and hyper-uber-super-duper splatters for every release? Don't get me wrong I'm not judging, i just don't get it. I'm always looking for a solid color variant which matches the artwork the best. So red it is, if the other songs are better. 

Edited by xfactor675

1 hour ago, xfactor675 said:

Can we confirm what a not boring variant is? Are we expecting wax mages and hyper-uber-super-duper splatters for every release? Don't get me wrong I'm not judging, i just don't get it. I'm always looking for a solid color variant which matches the artwork the best. So red it is, if the other songs are better. 

No, we can't. It's subjective. Just because I think a solid mute color like tan, grey, or white, is "boring" doesn't mean I also pine over rainbow puke dumbass /100 wax vessel releases. It's really not a big a deal whatsoever, certainly doesn't warrant a full blown conversation about it 😂

24 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

He is right.  It’s definitely subjective.  With that said, >90% of anyone who cares about colored vinyl would probably insist muh splatter is the most exciting variant out there. 🥱

Partner, No Idea Rec. split color variants from 2008 were enough excitement for me (and it turns out a lot of people hated these lol).

A-side.jpg

Out of all the things that annoy me about collecting records in the year of our lord 2022, a lack of wacky variants in my collection isn't on the list. I just enjoy a simple color-in-color or split color record here and there.

Fuckin' coke bottle green would've been a more exciting variant than tan for this release, but c'est la vie.

Yeah, I’m with you on that.  Especially as years have gone on, I’ve found myself way more drawn to basic or “understated” variants that compliment the art or packaging’s theme.  Not every piece of wax needs to be as busy as the art or compete with it.  Maybe it’s boring, but sometimes less really is more.  Also saves me a few bucks here and there with labels who opted to charge more for the rarer or crazier a colorway is.

(Oh yeah, and coke bottle green is timeless, too.)