recommendations

• 2 weeks later...

The Audio-Technica LP60 I've used as my main turntable for the last few years finally burnt out on me recently. In looking for a new turntable, I wanted something a tad more modular than the LP60 but didn't really feel the need to jump up to anything too expensive. I listen to vinyl records because I enjoy it, not because I'm a cenobite fixated on punishing my bank account by trying to force an imperfect medium to sound pristine. I searched this website. The reviews on the Crossley were good and price was really reasonable, so I went for it. And I'm really happy I did. It spins steady and constant. The built-in preamp could use a little more oomph, but it's easy to bypass if you'd like to use an external one. The cartridge it came with sounded about on par with the LP60's cartridge. I went ahead and upgraded it to an Ortofon Omega just to get a little more bass out of things. Sounds fantastic. I really couldn't be happier with this turntable.