PO: Codeine - Dessau

1 hour ago, DecayToDeath said:

Does anyone know/recognize this song? Full story/explanation + rip download in the video description, but tldr, this is the only track on the Numero Twenty cassette that I can't find prior existence of in any capacity. So, does anybody know this one?

Someone had told me it was an unreleased song. Makes me happy I bought that tape because I almost didn’t 

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

Need that color in color bundle in my life ASAP. Anxiously waiting for these to be available over here. 

Same on all accounts.  The CIC seems to be a “Numero Exclusive” as well, with the splatter appearing at Rough Trade and probably some  other distros.  I don’t think I’ve seen a rollout like this for any Numero drops.  I wonder how far behind we are.

51 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Same on all accounts.  The CIC seems to be a “Numero Exclusive” as well, with the splatter appearing at Rough Trade and probably some  other distros.  I don’t think I’ve seen a rollout like this for any Numero drops.  I wonder how far behind we are.

It’s kinda dumb you can add one to your cart and pay for it but it won’t include shipping costs.  That’s gonna be a headache in refunds

1 minute ago, LIGMA_BALLZ said:

It’s kinda dumb you can add one to your cart and pay for it but it won’t include shipping costs.  That’s gonna be a headache in refunds

Can you?  I guess it depends on your checkout method, because I tried to add a bunch of both to my cart to peek at quantities and got hit with a “Shipping is not available for your country’s address” error.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Can you?  I guess it depends on your checkout method, because I tried to add a bunch of both to my cart to peek at quantities and got hit with a “Shipping is not available for your country’s address” error.

Via Apple Pay it was about to let me purchase

Just now, LIGMA_BALLZ said:

Via Apple Pay it was about to let me purchase

Ah.  Gotcha’.  Yeah… that’s a pretty big miss and potential headache then, I agree.  Not even going to bother trying it because there’s no way they’d honor it.

I tried to ask Numero on IG if we’ll have to wait a while or if we can expect POs this week.  No response yet.

54 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Ah.  Gotcha’.  Yeah… that’s a pretty big miss and potential headache then, I agree.  Not even going to bother trying it because there’s no way they’d honor it.

I tried to ask Numero on IG if we’ll have to wait a while or if we can expect POs this week.  No response yet.

trees ranting GIF by South Park

11 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I’ve never listened to Boilermaker, but I guess I gotta’ change that.  I did see that they’re going to be reissuing material from The American Analog Set, too.

In Wallace’s Shadow is essential imo. I celebrate their entire catalogue but that album is a true 90’s classic. I hope you enjoy it!

Just now, prowl20 said:

I saw that but I’m not familiar with much beyond their name. Where’s a good place to start?

From the beginning. I know that’s a default “duh, you idiot” type of response, but honestly they’re fantastic from their first release. I think their sophomore album would give you a really good idea of their overall sound and style though. They’re in the drone pop vein, and if you like Galaxie 500, Stereolab, Spacemen3 and the like mixed with Sonic Youth, you’ll dig it. 

1 hour ago, prowl20 said:

Not a pre-order (yet) but I just wanted to share that Numero is FINALLY doing the Boilermaker catalogue and I’m over here shitting bricks over the news.

Fuck yeah!! Stoked. When this actually happens can someone make a real thread for it?

2 hours ago, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

Fuck yeah!! Stoked. When this actually happens can someone make a real thread for it?

Of course! My guess is it won’t happen until late fall, early winter. Everyone Asked About You, 90 Day Men the next Hated release and probably American Analog Set will likely be dropping first via Numero. 

5 hours ago, prowl20 said:

Not a pre-order (yet) but I just wanted to share that Numero is FINALLY doing the Boilermaker catalogue and I’m over here shitting bricks over the news.

Being a weirdo from San Diego who also happens to be pushing 40, this is huge! I don’t know why I never bought anything I’m the early oughts, it seemed to be everywhere here.

Also, sooooooo bummed about these Codeine reissues! Numero keeps fucking me over year after year hahahaha