PO: Codeine - Dessau

On 4/4/2023 at 6:33 PM, Derek™ said:

Wait, what’s the biggest bummer about these Codeine reissues?  The fact you feel compelled to cop them despite owning the box?

Exactly! At this point with how they’ve rolled out all these box sets and singular color releases/variants I’m just over it haha. All good though. 

I think I’d rather have the box sets than own doubles. Until I get to a point where I want/need to get rid of a bunch of shit I don’t care about or listen to, in the collection, sell a bunch of shit and buy color variants of all single releases on Discogs. We’ve talked about how much it makes me crazy haha The mania of it all… haha

Edited by MyEnemy

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

Looks like you might be able to buy the Codeine represses now? Isn’t showing me any shipping addresses issue at check out or Apple Pay screen. 

I’d proceed with caution – not that you have much to lose though.

This text wasn’t present last week, but is there now;

Any US Orders that somehow make it through will be cancelled and refunded.

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I’d proceed with caution – not that you have much to lose though.

This text wasn’t present last week, but is there now;

Any US Orders that somehow make it through will be cancelled and refunded.

Ah, good looking out. I’ll wait for that cautionary note to be removed. Thinking of grabbing the Duster box set while I’m at it. I know it’s gonna be expensive soon with AAS, Boys Life, Chino Horde, Boilermaker,… pray for my wallet. 

2 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

Ah, good looking out. I’ll wait for that cautionary note to be removed. Thinking of grabbing the Duster box set while I’m at it. I know it’s gonna be expensive soon with AAS, Boys Life, Chino Horde, Boilermaker,… pray for my wallet. 

Did you never hop on that Duster box in the past?  (Maybe you had it, sold it, or just never needed it.)  It's a quality box for sure.  Numero are definitely on a pretty big hot-streak.

1 hour ago, DecayToDeath said:

Down to buy yr boxset if that's your prerogative

I don't want to put words in Hooked's mouth, but the way I'm reading their post, it sounds like they'd just be swapping out the black copies for colored ones but keeping them in the boxset packaging, with all the extra bells and whistles.  I respect the lunacy there, but it still means you're only offering to snatch up his old black copies from the box once he upgrades them.  (I think.)

6 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Did you never hop on that Duster box in the past?  (Maybe you had it, sold it, or just never needed it.)  It's a quality box for sure.  Numero are definitely on a pretty big hot-streak.

I don't want to put words in Hooked's mouth, but the way I'm reading their post, it sounds like they'd just be swapping out the black copies for colored ones but keeping them in the boxset packaging, with all the extra bells and whistles.  I respect the lunacy there, but it still means you're only offering to snatch up his old black copies from the box once he upgrades them.  (I think.)

Never had the Duster box. Had the Bedhead and Codeine and unfortunately sold them a longggg time ago when I needed the money. Hoping to get them back one day. But definitely need the Duster box. I just reorganized all my record. I got new carpet installed in my house so I had to empty everything you, and when I put them all back I made a Numero cube. Numero deserves another cube full for sure. 

1 hour ago, prowl20 said:

Was the Bedhead boxset really significantly off-center? I was considering buying a used copy but hearing its off center makes me hesitant.

also, Numero just announced they’re working with Universal Order Of Armageddon. Are they just scooping up all the 90’s emo/hardcore bands that I love? 😂

My Bedhead records from the box are fine.

On 4/17/2023 at 10:03 PM, Derek™ said:

I guess, but the color variants are only 1LP so those would be frankenstein sets if you just put them in place of each album's first disc!

34 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

I think most of these have been deserving of their own threads, honestly.

6 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

That’s fair. Sometimes I’m not sure which thread to bump with a repress such as this. 

Yeah, I don't know why the catch-all stuff became so popular on here. Like I get it for local stuff that not many people know/care about and that won't sell out super quick, but a lot of these numero presses are big deals or people have been waiting a long time for them. It would just suck to miss out because it didn't get its own thread.

I'm pretty anti-catchall these days.

Just now, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

Yeah, I don't know why the catch-all stuff became so popular on here. Like I get it for local stuff that not many people know/care about and that won't sell out super quick, but a lot of these numero presses are big deals or people have been waiting a long time for them. It would just suck to miss out because it didn't get its own thread.

I'm pretty anti-catchall these days.

For sure feel that. 

Make a new post for whatever you want. I bump stuff that isn’t related if I’m on my phone and can’t make a nice first post that I can include pertinent info/links in (and usually suggest if anyone else wants to make a thread they should). Just search and make sure something doesn’t for that release already and it’s fine. This place isn’t that serious.

1 hour ago, Prestonlanes said:

I really don’t understand the reluctance for making new threads for most things, honestly.

With you. I think a while back people were kind of ragging on folks for making new threads for reissues instead of bumping the old thread and its gotten to a weird point where people don't want to start new threads.

I'm all for new threads for most releases.