Atreyu - Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses 20th Anniversary Edition

20th Anniversary Edition

/200 THT Exclusive (clear w/ gray smoke) - https://shop.thehardtimes.net/products/atreyu-suicide-notes-and-butterfly-kisses-limited-edition-smokey-clear-lp-only-200-made 

/500 Craft exclusive (coke bottle clear) - https://craftrecordings.com/products/atreyu-suicide-notes-and-butterfly-kisses-sea-glass-clear-lp-craft-exclusive?_pos=2&_sid=12b34aba9&_ss=r

/500 Webstore exclusive (clear/blue/black) - https://www.atreyumerch.com/products/20-year-anniversary-suicide-notes-and-butterfly-kisses-vinyl

/??? Standard Black - go find it; it's in a lot of places

I loved this record when I was younger. Excited to see how it holds up and if it will include any demos or anything else.

Edited by HardlineKid

7 minutes ago, hallowken78 said:

I loved this album back when it was released - very much embodied the sound of that era for me.  Don’t think I’ve listened to it in 15 years or so.  Will have to give it a listen again before purchasing any wax.

Bold is true for me and I copped anyway. Fucking LOVED it back then and will definitely love it now even if purely for nostalgia reasons. 

Victory's $18-$22 LP's... miss it.

I did pick up one of these, but then actually listined to the album again front to back....

Overall, I would say this does not hold up that well TBH. They took a big step up with the curse.

Edited by V3XED

15 minutes ago, FlippingOut said:

This album ripped back in the day. Atreyu really lost what they had even w Alex still in the band. But Suicide Notes? I was blasting this alongside Himsa, 18v, Bleeding Through. Still am. 

Himsa. Man. Truly my gateway band into hardcore, and punk in general. To this day I don't think I've seen another band live as many times as I have seen them. 15 times maybe?

Pettibone is the best vocalist in hardcore in my opinion, and has been since the early 90s.

10 hours ago, FlippingOut said:

This album ripped back in the day. Atreyu really lost what they had even w Alex still in the band. But Suicide Notes? I was blasting this alongside Himsa, 18v, Bleeding Through. Still am. 

Amen, same here... ever hear Brandon & Alex side project “I am war”? If not, highly recommend, really wish it’d get pressed

17 hours ago, mitchard said:

Himsa. Man. Truly my gateway band into hardcore, and punk in general. To this day I don't think I've seen another band live as many times as I have seen them. 15 times maybe?

Pettibone is the best vocalist in hardcore in my opinion, and has been since the early 90s.

Yes! 100% agreed. Himsa are pretty much the only band of that time that I still constantly listen to.  I still believe that them not getting bigger was a huge misstep. 

• 5 months later...

Ill be controversial here.

After *actually* going and listening to all of their discography again....

Lead Sails is their best album.

Solid from front to back with crazy earworm hooks and even killer breakdowns.

When it came out it was a big letdown for me, as a huge Curse/Suicide era fan. 
But in retrospect it holds up way beter.

1. Lead Sails
  2. Deathgrip
  3. Curse
  4. Congregation
  5. Suicide
    .... and yeah that new stuff, lets ignore that.